Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much caffeine?

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Amy
  • 80 Replies

How much caffeine to you drink per day?  I tried to go off of it cold turkey this week and got an outrageous migraine.  I drink at least 3 cups of strong coffee per day...sometimes a whole pot!  So, how much do you drink?  Have you ever tried to quit?

by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:18 PM
I used to be that way but I've since cut down to one cup a day. Very rarely I'll have 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sjenkins8208
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:22 PM
I've tried, and succeeded, well kinda. I quit for about 7 months. I was hoping it would help us conceive.i had THE WORST headaches for three days straight....all day and night. But once I reached my 17th week I totally caved lol
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Sometimes I have a cup in the morning. Sometimes one in the evening. Sometimes both, sometimes none.
mewebb82
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:28 PM

I've had to cut back a lot because of health issues. Before kids, I generally drank 8-12 cups of coffee per day. Now, I have an occasional cup of tea and most of the time I drink red tea which is very low in caffeine. 

balagan_imma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:28 PM

I usually have a large cup of half caff in the morning. Sometimes I'll have the other half of the pot at lunch, sometimes not. Then I have green tea here and there during the day.

TheScaryOne
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:31 PM

I tried that too and just made myself miserable.  Don't go off caffeine cold turkey!  Your brain chemistry actually changes and that's why the migraine.  I'm down from two large travel cups to one small mug.  Maybe an extra cappucino before 5 when I need a kick or on days off when I want to stay up late and write on my stories.

mamacalifornia
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I usually drink at least a cup of hot tea and a cup of iced tea a day

dommad2
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:12 PM
I average 2 pots a day. Withdrawal symptoms are headaches drowsiness nausea and irritability. I've cut down but never quit. My OB wouldn't let me quit during pregnancy due to the severity of my addiction
decor42
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:37 PM

2-3 cups a day. 

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:44 PM

A half pot for me...Then some sweet tea...When I was visiting my mom for 3 weeks I had an awful headache 2 days in...I was like OH MY GOSH, my head...I meantioned I drink a pot and a half of coffee per day...My mom pipes in "It's decaf coffee".. Needless to say we went to the store after I bought the biggest iced coffee  the QT sold....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)