Group Home

oh this transition is going to be fun!! *edited*

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:57 PM
  • 15 Replies

since moving to ga in 200 i've lived in 4 different apartment complexes, 6 different times, & all had changed management while i lived there at some point.  other than complex name changes the transitions were all smooth.  this one not so much! 

a new management company just took over 2 weeks ago & already i've had some issues with them & it's not just me!  their website is still not up & running nor are 1/2 their computer systems.  the maintanence line we call for issues no longer works yet no one answers the phone at the office. they closed the pool with no explanations & it was just inspected by the city the day before it opened.  i had to call on monday 6/2, to find out my rent total that was due on 6/1 because they weren't open on 5/30 & 31, & they didn't inform us they were going to be closed.  the lady i spoke with on monday at first gave me a total that was $350+ more than we pay & she was clueless as to why my account was showing so much.  when i got back with her later in the day she gave me another total, right around what we always pay.  i get the money orders & drop them off that night. 

well i came home just now to a letter on my door saying i had a balance due that must be paid immediately.  so i go down to the office to figure out what the hecks up & there are a dozen or so people down there with the same letter.  some owed small amounts like $.52 others were larger because numbers were transposed, they owed $954 but paid $945.  i owed $9.25.  we were all asking the lady the same question, why do we owe more when we paid what you told us?  her answer, "i don't know what to tell you".  so sad!

like i said i've gone through manaagement changes before with no issues.  if they've had so many issues in just 2 weeks i hate to see what's to come.

just to clarify, since a few have asked, our monthly lease amount doesn't change however we pay water, sewer & trash with our monthly rent & that amount changes.  the office will not accept our rent payment without the utilities included so we have to wait till we get the total amount due before paying. 

by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momkaribg
by Kari on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:12 PM
That's crazy. Hope it all straightens out soon.
SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:09 PM
This is just one thing after another! :-( I hope for your sake they can get it figured out.
kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:16 PM
What a pain!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:22 PM

I'm sorry!  I hope it gets figured out soon.

buckle
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:29 PM

Do you have a housing authority there?  I'm not sure if they can help you or not, but they might know who could.

Our management company just changed too.  Not sure how it's going to do.  We'll see.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Hope it all works out

slw123
by Shawna on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Ugh I would be so aggravated. Good luck.
momofnatalie
by Lisa on Jun. 6, 2014 at 11:43 PM

I'm so sorry.  I used to work at a property management firm.  When we took over a new property, we would get a breakdown of the amounts owed from the previous firm and if we didn't have it, we would get all the files from the leases and look them over, and go from there.  It sounds like this company probably go hired at the end of the month and didn't get what they needed from the previous management company.  They seem to be ready for the transition or very inexperienced.  I hope they are able to get everything together soon.  Do you know if the owner just changed the company or the property was sold?

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Hope it all gets straightened out soon :)

jackiewal10
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:26 AM

Can I ask...how do you not know how much to pay in rent every month?  It doesn't change.  Your rent is your rent, per the lease you signed.  New management isn't allowed to change that until after your lease is up.

DH and I left an apartment complex 8 years ago because of stuff like that. And this was WITHOUT management changes. Just idiots in the office.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80