Group Home

Laundry!

Posted by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:56 PM
  • 148 Replies

It's never ending! How do you keep up in your house? Do your children help out? Does your husband do his own?

drowning in laundrydoing laundry

Amy, My Beautiful Blessings: Dani B 10.5, Topher 9.5, Luke 7, Bella 4.5 & Sam 1.5

by on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnmo3bb
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 12:58 PM

What has seriously saved my sanity is designating tall baskets for dirty only and short, hip baskets for clean only! So even if I'm behind, everyone knows where to find clean clothes!

I usually fold everything, my oldest helps hang shirts... sometimes they get a basket and are told to fold their own. I sort out socks and they fold them or put them in their drawer unfolded. I do laundry on Mondays & Thursdays that way I can keep up or use the 2nd day to complete the process because there are just so many steps!! LOL

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM

hubby only does his own when he's mad at me.

the kids help load & unload as well as put up there clothes & the towels.  i've tried to get them to help me with folding but i always end up having to refold so i just gave up on that help for now.

mnmo3bb
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I decided I don't care what their drawers look like lol but the older four get their own clothes out daily so it's up to them to keep their drawers looking nice. I don't straighten them often, only when I switch sizes & seasons :)

Quoting lizzig:

the kids help load & unload as well as put up there clothes & the towels.  i've tried to get them to help me with folding but i always end up having to refold so i just gave up on that help for now.

Amy, My Beautiful Blessings: Dani B 10.5, Topher 9.5, Luke 7, Bella 4.5 & Sam 1.5

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 1:09 PM

oh i don't care what the drawers look like but when they can't shut the drawers & things get ripped because they are crammed in the drawer & get caught on the above drawer or such then i care. ;o)

Quoting mnmo3bb:

I decided I don't care what their drawers look like lol but the older four get their own clothes out daily so it's up to them to keep their drawers looking nice. I don't straighten them often, only when I switch sizes & seasons :)

Quoting lizzig:

mnmo3bb
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 1:11 PM

I know lol I don't think my boys shut their pants drawers lol I try to just narrow down stuff if I can lol

Quoting lizzig:

oh i don't care what the drawers look like but when they can't shut the drawers & things get ripped because they are crammed in the drawer & get caught on the above drawer or such then i care. ;o)

Quoting mnmo3bb:

Quoting lizzig:

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 1:13 PM

I do it everyday at least one load so it's never over piling 

Whereismymind
by Amanda on Jun. 7, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Well I was good at keeping ahead but our new apartment doesn't have a washer/dryer in unit so I'm kinda dreading it lol
BeachLifeMama
by Silver Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 1:30 PM
I'm in the same boat. Lots of laundry and cleaning to do. I've been out a lot lately comforting my best friend since she just lost her mom from lung cancer. :(
wandep
by Pam on Jun. 7, 2014 at 1:35 PM

I try to do a 1 or 2 loads a day. The kids will put their clothes away but that is all. Hubby doesn't help. 

SpiritedWitch
by Member on Jun. 7, 2014 at 2:49 PM

I do it all b/c it the W&D is in the basement and he can't do the stairs. It's just the two of us so I wash about every 2-3 weeks. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. egyptian_mommy
  2. SweetLuci
  3. BeachLifeMama
  4. proudmommy690
  5. Janet
  6. jconney80