Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wish me luck...! Updated with pictures.

Posted by   + Show Post

My BFF and I are off to hike the 4th highest peak in the White Mountains today! It's been too long since I've been on a grownup hike, so I'm very excited. We both managed to get the day off from our various responsibilities, so this is a rare treat on a weekday.

I'll post pics when we get back!

What do you like to do with friends when you get a day off with friends?

UPDATE: We made it! It was an awesome day, and a fairly challenging hike... Though it was only 7.2 miles, it was almost 3000 feet in elevation gain. There was some slow going, but the day was beautiful and we saw very few other hikers out. The views were amazing, and we also got to see some pretty spring alpine flowers! Here are just a few of the photos we took:

Can you tell I love the view? :) This was about halfway through the ascent.

Our lunch spot was this alpine pond.

This is a picture along the final ascent... It's not the trail, but the trail was just about this steep!

by on Jun. 10, 2014 at 7:15 AM
Replies (121-126):
sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:21 AM
That's awesome! Great job! And I love the pics
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Great pictures! Great job!

MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:31 AM

Great pictures.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 14, 2014 at 2:04 PM

very pretty i'm gllad you had a good time :)

shilohkitten
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Beautiful!!!

virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 1:49 PM
1 mom liked this

great pics!!!

Quoting SarahSuzyQ:

My BFF and I are off to hike the 4th highest peak in the White Mountains today! It's been too long since I've been on a grownup hike, so I'm very excited. We both managed to get the day off from our various responsibilities, so this is a rare treat on a weekday. I'll post pics when we get back! What do you like to do with friends when you get a day off with friends?

UPDATE: We made it! It was an awesome day, and a fairly challenging hike... Though it was only 7.2 miles, it was almost 3000 feet in elevation gain. There was some slow going, but the day was beautiful and we saw very few other hikers out. The views were amazing, and we also got to see some pretty spring alpine flowers! Here are just a few of the photos we took:

Can you tell I love the view? :) This was about halfway through the ascent.

Our lunch spot was this alpine pond.

This is a picture along the final ascent... It's not the trail, but the trail was just about this steep!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)