Group Home

Cellphones

wandep
I luv Disney :)
Today at 1:30 PM
Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Pam
  • 45 Replies

So my contract is coming up for renewal later this summer. I have an Iphone and want something with a bigger screen. :) I want to wait to see what Apple comes out with when they release their new Iphone this fall. They say it is suppose to have a bigger screen. I like the look of the Samsung cellphones that are HUGE. 

Does anyone have one of these and if so how do you like it?

I usually stick my phone in my pocket so that will be a bit of a change for me since those are really big and you would have to stick it in your purse. 

If you had a smaller phone or even an iphone then switched to a samsung how did that go? 

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
slw123
by Shawna on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll be watching this because I am wondering the same.
dorfmama
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:09 AM
I just got a Samsung Galaxy s5 a few weeks ago after being an iPhone user for years. I love the Galaxy. It still fits in my pocket. I actually got the iPhone 5s first & exchanged it after 1 day. The iPhone was just way smaller than I wanted. The whole phone fit on the viewable screen of my friend's galaxy 4. The new iPhone screen is not supposed to be as big as the Galaxy. I don't regret my decision at all!
ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Curious to hear what you decide.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:19 AM

I have a Galaxy S4, it fits in my pocket, but has a nice big screen. DH has the Note 3, which is even bigger, but it won't fit in a lady pocket, he loves it.

wandep
by Pam on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:28 AM

I was looking at the NOTE. I want a big screen. :) LOL I have arthritis in my hands and the small screens just don't do it for it me when I'm trying to type things out.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I have a Galaxy S4, it fits in my pocket, but has a nice big screen. DH has the Note 3, which is even bigger, but it won't fit in a lady pocket, he loves it.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:29 AM

I dont have one

wandep
by Pam on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Also, waiting because hubby said those who had an iphone and switched to a droid phone were having issues with their phone numbers. People could not call them or something like that. We just have cellphones for EVERYTHING. So if that is going to be  an issue it will be a bad one for us. :(

Quoting ablackdolphin:

wandep
by Pam on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:31 AM

You didn't have problems with people calling you on your same number? Hubby saw where this has happened when you switched phones. They were having issues a while back with it. I wonder if they got it straightened out.

Quoting dorfmama: I just got a Samsung Galaxy s5 a few weeks ago after being an iPhone user for years. I love the Galaxy. It still fits in my pocket. I actually got the iPhone 5s first & exchanged it after 1 day. The iPhone was just way smaller than I wanted. The whole phone fit on the viewable screen of my friend's galaxy 4. The new iPhone screen is not supposed to be as big as the Galaxy. I don't regret my decision at all!

buckle
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it is so amazing and very smart how the marketing on cell phones works.  First make it like a credit card, then gradually make it bigger....little bit, by little bit.  Then they will start making them small again!  LOL  So funny.  Remember when they had to be carried in a bag?  LOL

JessiFaye
by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 9:33 AM

This does happen. You have to work with your provider and Apple, because other people's phones will recognize yours as linked to an Apple ID. I have friends who switched and it took awhile for them to be able to text anybody. A couple of days, if I recall correctly. As far as I know, calls were working okay for the most part. Some of them stuck it out and got everything switched over, but most of them just switched back to an iPhone. lol This was just about a month ago that the latest one made the switch. We use Apple everything pretty much, so keeping an iPhone makes the most sense for us, because it's all linked.

Quoting wandep:

Also, waiting because hubby said those who had an iphone and switched to a droid phone were having issues with their phone numbers. People could not call them or something like that. We just have cellphones for EVERYTHING. So if that is going to be  an issue it will be a bad one for us. :(

Quoting ablackdolphin:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. SweetLuci
  2. deccaf
  3. Charizma77
  4. Jules_
  5. ceciliam
  6. mom2jessnky