Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My little Garden (Pics)

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:05 AM
  • 121 Replies
3 moms liked this

Okay Easter weekend SS7 said he wanted to get some sunflowers to plant...its kinda our thing to do.

So we took a trip to...either Lowes or Home Depot to get him some seeds....SD13 came across a kiosk with actual bulbs and plants....so I got a strawberry bush...dahlias and freesias along with the sunflower seeds.

Easter Sunday I planted everything and prayed for the best.

Now every morning while Princess and I wait for her school bus-I water and weed...and sometimes in the afternoon as well. These are the results so far.

ok the plant to the left (the big one) is my hardy dahlia-the sucker is just going above and beyond!

this is to give you an idea of just how big it really is...I don't know what those blades of grass are-we think the previous tenant had stuff planted and it's coming back up. When i planted-I did find a few bulbs...and a purple onion looking thing....whatever it is-we have 3 of this.

close up of the dahlia

here you can see the dahlia's got a sprout....cant wait for it to open up!

My strawberry bush has 4 or 5 berries already-this was the first berry to redden.

Here's a picture of Princess-my little helper (I know Wendy's gonna love her shirt!) she helped me plant/weed and water everything.

And this is something DH posted to my FB last night....they are old laundry lines with old gutters on top-you fill the gutters with soil and strawberry seeds and this is how they grow....I totally want this like NOW-he said he's going to try to make something similiar yet a bit smaller considering we don't have much of a backyard and we do share with the neighbor next door (we live in a duplex) And you don't need to do this with just strawberries...I wanna do this and other berries as well.

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wandep
by Pam on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Sweet pics. Looks like fun!

deccaf
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:07 AM

Nice work!  I hope you get your gutter garden!

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wandep:

Sweet pics. Looks like fun!

thanks-really is awesome watching it from start to finish-every day Princess comes off the bus and examines her strawberry bush and reports to me how many strawberries there are...how many red and how many un-red (her words not mine) she's getting excited because she knows the time is coming to pick soon!

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:09 AM

Quoting deccaf:

Nice work!  I hope you get your gutter garden!

thanks-i really dont expect him to do a full gutter garden....but I'll settle for a couple of hanging pots or maybe a tiered shelf of sorts.

bether89
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:09 AM

You have nice little garden.  I would love to have strawberry plants like in your last picture.

jamesmommy32404
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:10 AM

your garden lookis great!!!

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:11 AM
Nice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:11 AM

Quoting bether89:

You have nice little garden.  I would love to have strawberry plants like in your last picture.

so would I!

My landlord's wife grows them in her  yard-and she was sweet enough to bring Princess a little basket's worth-she told me she was aiming to get them mighty big-but her's were ilttle and tiny...told her it didn't matter-berries are berries and its the though that counts....if I could grow mine that big...my girls would be in HEAVEN (they love all sorts of fruits and veggies)

and my grocery bill would be low

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow strawberries look great
ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 12:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Looking good! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)