Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Okay Easter weekend SS7 said he wanted to get some sunflowers to plant...its kinda our thing to do.

So we took a trip to...either Lowes or Home Depot to get him some seeds....SD13 came across a kiosk with actual bulbs and plants....so I got a strawberry bush...dahlias and freesias along with the sunflower seeds.

Easter Sunday I planted everything and prayed for the best.

Now every morning while Princess and I wait for her school bus-I water and weed...and sometimes in the afternoon as well. These are the results so far.

ok the plant to the left (the big one) is my hardy dahlia-the sucker is just going above and beyond!

this is to give you an idea of just how big it really is...I don't know what those blades of grass are-we think the previous tenant had stuff planted and it's coming back up. When i planted-I did find a few bulbs...and a purple onion looking thing....whatever it is-we have 3 of this.

close up of the dahlia

here you can see the dahlia's got a sprout....cant wait for it to open up!

My strawberry bush has 4 or 5 berries already-this was the first berry to redden.

Here's a picture of Princess-my little helper (I know Wendy's gonna love her shirt!) she helped me plant/weed and water everything.

And this is something DH posted to my FB last night....they are old laundry lines with old gutters on top-you fill the gutters with soil and strawberry seeds and this is how they grow....I totally want this like NOW-he said he's going to try to make something similiar yet a bit smaller considering we don't have much of a backyard and we do share with the neighbor next door (we live in a duplex) And you don't need to do this with just strawberries...I wanna do this and other berries as well.

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Replies (121-121):
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:02 AM
This!

Quoting Gabbysmom615: Wow strawberries look great
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)