Group Home

Okay Easter weekend SS7 said he wanted to get some sunflowers to plant...its kinda our thing to do.

So we took a trip to...either Lowes or Home Depot to get him some seeds....SD13 came across a kiosk with actual bulbs and plants....so I got a strawberry bush...dahlias and freesias along with the sunflower seeds.

Easter Sunday I planted everything and prayed for the best.

Now every morning while Princess and I wait for her school bus-I water and weed...and sometimes in the afternoon as well. These are the results so far.

ok the plant to the left (the big one) is my hardy dahlia-the sucker is just going above and beyond!

this is to give you an idea of just how big it really is...I don't know what those blades of grass are-we think the previous tenant had stuff planted and it's coming back up. When i planted-I did find a few bulbs...and a purple onion looking thing....whatever it is-we have 3 of this.

close up of the dahlia

here you can see the dahlia's got a sprout....cant wait for it to open up!

My strawberry bush has 4 or 5 berries already-this was the first berry to redden.

Here's a picture of Princess-my little helper (I know Wendy's gonna love her shirt!) she helped me plant/weed and water everything.

And this is something DH posted to my FB last night....they are old laundry lines with old gutters on top-you fill the gutters with soil and strawberry seeds and this is how they grow....I totally want this like NOW-he said he's going to try to make something similiar yet a bit smaller considering we don't have much of a backyard and we do share with the neighbor next door (we live in a duplex) And you don't need to do this with just strawberries...I wanna do this and other berries as well.

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Replies (111-118):
AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:51 AM
Welcome

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting AzariahsMother: Pretty neat

thank you!

powow65
by kimmy on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Lmao! I thought they were veggies.

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting powow65: Awesome pic's Hun! Silly Q? What is dahlia's? (shrugs!)
That would be awesome if your DH does make something like that! :)

this is a dahlia-they come in several colors

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 12:22 PM
Oh I thought you knew from my FB posts they're flowers lol

Quoting powow65: Lmao! I thought they were veggies.

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting powow65: Awesome pic's Hun! Silly Q? What is dahlia's? (shrugs!)
That would be awesome if your DH does make something like that! :)

this is a dahlia-they come in several colors

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 14, 2014 at 1:50 PM

that would be neet!

sheebes00
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Ok, twist my arm, here a a couple. Lol (the orange/pink/yellow ones were taken at night and not at a great time in the blooming proess, but gives you an idea of what they looked like). :)

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting sheebes00:

Very nice! I have a couple purple dahlias and a couple orange and yellow dahlias and  love them. Good luck with your gutter garden! Looks like a really neat idea!

feel free to share pics!

I cant wait to see what colors I get!!

Tigress22304
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Quoting sheebes00:

Ok, twist my arm, here a a couple. Lol (the orange/pink/yellow ones were taken at night and not at a great time in the blooming proess, but gives you an idea of what they looked like). :)

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting sheebes00:

Very nice! I have a couple purple dahlias and a couple orange and yellow dahlias and  love them. Good luck with your gutter garden! Looks like a really neat idea!

feel free to share pics!

omg they're gorgeous!

sheebes00
by New Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Thank you!!

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting sheebes00:

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting sheebes00:

feel free to share pics!

omg they're gorgeous!

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Nice!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690