Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hopefully DH won't starve...

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Amy
  • 46 Replies

I'm leaving on Sunday to go to my parents' house for the week.  I'm volunteering to teach in their vacation bible school.  I'm also going to work on some housework and fix a few meals for my parents to keep in the freezer while I'm there (they are both EXTREMELY busy people).   I just finished the menu and grocery list for my dh's meals for next week.  Thankfully frozen pizza and hamburger helper are on sale or I really think he'd starve!  haha!  I'm hoping when I come home at the end of next week, he'll be in clean clothes with a full belly....and an empty sink would be nice! :)  

When/if you have to leave for a few days does your dh do well keeping the house?

by on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:30 PM

My husband is a better housekeeper than I am (and I'm pretty damn tidy so that's saying something). He also knows how to cook, I'd say we're even there. If I left town for a week, nothing interesting would happen. LOL.

frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 5:46 PM

He does very well usually since he has lived alone before.   When we (dd and I ) go away for a week in the summer, that is when he pulls out the carpet shampooer as well to deep clean carpets from winter traffic.

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I would hope he would do well I've never left him for a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:06 PM
No. My husband can make food...but he doesn't clean anything!
ColieO
by Bronze Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:09 PM
My husband is a better housewife than me. I'd be the one that might starve if he was gone for a week.
GwenMB
by Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:11 PM

My DH lived alone for 20 years before we got married. He's just fine when I leave him.  I never plan any meals for him or the boys when I'm gone for a few days, I come home to fed boys & Dad and the house is at least as clean as I left it (sometimes cleaner).

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:15 PM

My dh would manage to feed himself.  He's learned to cook some meals during our marriag and has watched me enough in the kitchen.  He is the one that does all the dishes and doesn't mind cleaning.  I can't stand to clean anymore.
Hope you come home to no dishes ;) 

amyjane22
by Amy on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:20 PM

Wow!  Lucky lady!  My dh isn't purposefully a slob, but I think he just was never taught to clean up after himself & old habits are hard to break!

Quoting mom2jessnky:

My husband is a better housekeeper than I am (and I'm pretty damn tidy so that's saying something). He also knows how to cook, I'd say we're even there. If I left town for a week, nothing interesting would happen. LOL.

amyjane22
by Amy on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:21 PM

Wow!  How nice to come home to freshly cleaned carpet!

Quoting frndlyfn:

He does very well usually since he has lived alone before.   When we (dd and I ) go away for a week in the summer, that is when he pulls out the carpet shampooer as well to deep clean carpets from winter traffic.

amyjane22
by Amy on Jun. 12, 2014 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

My dh doesn't clean up after himself very well either.

Quoting Angela4boys: No. My husband can make food...but he doesn't clean anything!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)