Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this acceptable? Or am I out of touch?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:44 PM
  • 51 Replies

DD1 is doing an acrobatics type class...  been attending for about 2 or 3 months now.  Class is small.  I came across this business on FB. 

This business has my home number, mobile number, email address.  They also have DH's mobile number, email address and work number.

I go to take DD there this afternoon - no one is there.  Hmmm.

Ring DH, he knows nothing.  No point ringing, no one is there.  So turn around and come home.  

Decide to Facebook and have a cuppa - Where I read this:

NO ClaSSES TONIGHT 
SPREAD THE WORD PLEASE :-[ 

Due to sickness no classes will be running tonight. 
Sorry folks ..... I thought I would be fine but not even close 

TBH - I am more than a little peeved.  Not that she is sick, you can't help that.  The insinuation that everyone lives on FB....  She has me there, she could have easily tagged me... or DH... or ANY of the parents - Then at least we would have gotten notification!!

So - am I an old fuddy duddy?  Is the above method of cancelling a class acceptable, or not? 

by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:53 PM
That's unacceptable for a business owner. You call yourself.
suziejax
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:58 PM

wow that sounds frustrating 

kimber2465
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:00 PM

no you're not. she should have called everyone.

Octobersmom
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:02 PM

You should subscribe to notifications so that you get one when they post.  I think she should have called but that's not always feasible, especially if your daughter's class is not the only one.  If this woman is barely able to do anything but vomit she probably can't call 50+ people.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:07 PM

It would be frusterating for sure...But I'd let it slide by, I mean she is sick...

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:10 PM

she could have at least sent out a text to everyone even if she didnt call.

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:12 PM

They should've emailed or called or tagged like you said

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I think it's unacceptable. She could have notified someone and had them pass the work, through texting or calling.

momkaribg
by Kari on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:15 PM

I agree.

Quoting Rust.n.Gears: That's unacceptable for a business owner. You call yourself.

Vertical15
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I would be annoyed.  Our school system is working more online and we never even knew about my son's 5th grade graduation.  I thought I would get something sent home but got nothing.  It was during the school day and my son said there was 5 parents there for the whole grade level.  I am LIVID!  I can't believe I didn't get this experience with my son.  Anyway-I think its wrong but I don't spend my life online and get tired of everything having to be through the internet these days.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN