Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you and hubby ever been "caught in the act"

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:52 AM
  • 103 Replies
...by the kids?! What do/did you do?!?!

In the last couple months, we have twice...each time the door was closed, and locked. I am getting traumatized! I get so embarrassed I don't even want to leave my room!! Good grief :(.
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Not that they have ever said

Angela4boys
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Oh, I'd think you would know, haha! Door opens, and there stands a kid.

Quoting momofsixangels:

Not that they have ever said

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:18 AM
3 moms liked this

If the door was locked, how did they get in?

We taught the boys that if our door is closed they were not to open the door or even knock unless there was blood or fire involved. We would usually lock it. Never had a problem until our oldest was a teen, and walked in really excited about I forget what...anyway we were under the covers...but still...he avoid both of us for days, and then finally said, "I didn't think old people did that".  lol

Angela4boys
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:23 AM
By sticking a coin, in the slot, and turning the lock to open it. My mom told me that she picked her parents lock twice, and walked in on that...and each time she cried?? I would never have! Never!

Part of me wants to say something...and then the other part of me doesn't want to open that can of worms.

Oh my gosh, that's so funny he said that.

Quoting SweetLuci:

We taught the boys that if our door is closed they were not to open the door or even knock unless there was blood or fire involved. We would usually lock it. Never had a problem until our oldest was a teen, and walked in really excited about I forget what...anyway we were under the covers...but still...he avoid both of us for days, and then finally said, "I didn't think old people did that".  lol

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:27 AM

oh no!  we don't close our door, our room is situated so we don't need to & we can hear the kids door when it opens.  so we always have enough time between when we hear the door open & they get to our door to at least get covered.

i'd definitely be putting a new lock on the door if i were you!  one they can't figure out how to open! ;o)

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:27 AM

I would be changing that lock!  I had forgotten about it until you brought back the memory. Now that he's grown and married, I'm going to have to ask him if he remembers that. lol

Quoting Angela4boys: By sticking a coin, in the slot, and turning the lock to open it. My mom told me that she picked her parents lock twice, and walked in on that...and each time she cried?? I would never have! Never! Part of me wants to say something...and then the other part of me doesn't want to open that can of worms. Oh my gosh, that's so funny he said that.
Quoting SweetLuci:

Angela4boys
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:28 AM
Hahaha! That cracks me up! I'm sure that will catch him off guard!

Quoting SweetLuci:

I would be changing that lock!  I had forgotten about it until you brought back the memory. Now that he's grown and married, I'm going to have to ask him if he remembers that. lol

Quoting Angela4boys: By sticking a coin, in the slot, and turning the lock to open it. My mom told me that she picked her parents lock twice, and walked in on that...and each time she cried?? I would never have! Never! Part of me wants to say something...and then the other part of me doesn't want to open that can of worms. Oh my gosh, that's so funny he said that.
Quoting SweetLuci:

Angela4boys
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:31 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Something like this maybe.

Quoting lizzig:

oh no!  we don't close our door, our room is situated so we don't need to & we can hear the kids door when it opens.  so we always have enough time between when we hear the door open & they get to our door to at least get covered.

i'd definitely be putting a new lock on the door if i were you!  one they can't figure out how to open! ;o)

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:32 AM
3 moms liked this

This reminds me of my granddaughter crawling into bed with me one morning when she was little. This was the conversation: "Grandma, you don't have any pajamas on"

"I was hot, so I pulled them off"

"Does grandpa know?"

"I think so"

"and he still sleeps with you?...ewweee"

I can't wait till she's grown to tell her about that!

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

yep!  that should do it! ;o)

Quoting Angela4boys:

Mobile Photo

Something like this maybe.
Quoting lizzig:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)