Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Candles

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:14 PM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

do you use them , i do sometimes

by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SimplyEnchanted
by Kristin on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:19 PM

Not often. Storebought candles (especially glade) gives my daughter asthma attacks and my lady I buy from online...well, i've just been broke and not able to purchase lately. I love her stuff though and I don't know if it's because it's soy or what but they don't make my baby girl cough.

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 11:58 PM

LOVE candles!  I don't care what holiday or occasion it is, you can always gift me a candle! ;)  Gardenia or tropical scents are my favorite.  

texasgirl77
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:08 AM
Sometimes. I prefer Scentsy though.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:14 AM

rarely

earthangel1967
by on Jun. 15, 2014 at 12:23 AM
2 moms liked this

We have candles in each room all the time (we don't light  most of them, have them for decor and if the power goes out hahaha except the bedroom candles .. we light  those often).

We picked them out by making sure the  colors and scents were ones we liked and matched the  room they are for. 

In  the  bedroom we have unscented  candles  that hang  on our wall right by the bed and on  the  dresser a mini decorative unscented black candle in a mirrored & crystal holder all for romantic sexy atmosphere. 

In the bathroom we have one Key Lime Pie scented green 3 wick candle.

In  the kitchen, sitting on the stove top we have a 3 layer coffee scented candle.. I take the lid off when the oven is hot from baking  something because it makes the candle melty and  the  scent get stronger almost as if it was lit. (we have coffee dates art on the  walls /coffee  cup with  heart in  it & an I love you a Latte' ) so it matches those.) 

Then finally in the living room, one one end table I have 3 little hazelnut scented candles by our inspirational word rocks.

Then on the  other end table we have one brown candle in Baked Goods scent with a cool wood wick that makes "crackling" sounds when it burns. 

(whenever we buy scented candles they have to be edible scents we hate floral, spicy, perfumey scents etc) 

But even though  we don't use the candles every single day... we do also have wax melt warmer in living room and bedroom and I do have scented wax melts in  those every day... Usually Scentsy or Pink Zebra in various edible scents that are fitting for that particular season... a few days ago we had blueberry muffin and right now we have key lime pie for spring. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

shilohkitten
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:28 AM

No, DS and DH have allergies and DH tends to be sensitive to scents.  Also he's terrified I will burn the house down.

I have been able to get away with putting an Aveda candle on the counter (unlit) to scent the room.

Grnyann65
by Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I do use candles frequently. I love them.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:33 AM

Yes and tarts too....

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Jun. 15, 2014 at 10:41 AM
I love candles!...but can't use them around my little ones..
fraujones
by Amanda on Jun. 15, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Rarely, but they are beautiful. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN