Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PIOG: Where do you like to park?

Posted by   + Show Post

When in a big parking lot, do you strategically choose a parking spot?

Some people park closest to the entrance, some the exit, some like to use that opportunity to walk a bit and park farther away, some like to park where there aren't many other cars to minimize potential damage, some prefer to park at an angle rather than straight in...

I park nearest a cart return. I don't really care how far from the door, as long is there is a cart return nearby! (preferably right next to me so I can put the cart in the return and unload from there)

I often see people sit in a parking lot waiting for someone to back out so they can have a closer spot.  Of coure if there are usually hundreds of other spots available but they choose to sit and wait for that one, backing up traffic! I hate that. GRR

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
Leelee1008
by Alicia on Jun. 16, 2014 at 11:41 AM

I like being close to the entrance

Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:06 PM
I know. I tell my mom the same thing!

Quoting PeachQuean: My.friends logic was the same, till she came out of the mall and someone hit her brand new SUV. Lol

A mom teaching her newly licensed kid how to parallel park beside my.friends vehicle.

I've Seen it happen more then once.

Quoting Madelaine:

My mom parks far away so she can walk for exercise and to protect her car.

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I like to park at the end of the lot where it is less congested and I can usually pull forward and not bother with having to back out of a space.

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Toward the closer spot

cemcnair
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:31 PM
Next to the cart return. I have small kids.
mikesmom65270
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:34 PM

I prefer to park to the left of a cart return; that way I will have room to put the cart on the passenger side of my truck and unload the bags there.  Distance from the entrance is less important. 

virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:37 PM

I always like to park in a space where I can pull in and not back out. And also I always park near the cart return no matter how far away from the store it is.

fatcat0908
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:39 PM
At the mall as close as possible so I don't have to carry bags too far. At the grocery store or big box retail stores I try to park as close to the cart return as possible.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
virginiamama71
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Me too. my son always says there are alot of spots waaay down closer to the store (its not that far away..lol) and I say i see but there are other cars parked on the other side so I cannot pull out. LOL

Quoting ceciliam:

I like to park at the end of the lot where it is less congested and I can usually pull forward and not bother with having to back out of a space.

Mznaye
by Jo on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this
This and I am grateful for mine

Quoting Rust.n.Gears: In the handicap space
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)