Group Home

PIOG: Where do you like to park?

Posted by   + Show Post

When in a big parking lot, do you strategically choose a parking spot?

Some people park closest to the entrance, some the exit, some like to use that opportunity to walk a bit and park farther away, some like to park where there aren't many other cars to minimize potential damage, some prefer to park at an angle rather than straight in...

I park nearest a cart return. I don't really care how far from the door, as long is there is a cart return nearby! (preferably right next to me so I can put the cart in the return and unload from there)

I often see people sit in a parking lot waiting for someone to back out so they can have a closer spot.  Of coure if there are usually hundreds of other spots available but they choose to sit and wait for that one, backing up traffic! I hate that. GRR

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
campingmomof4
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 12:52 PM

I don't park near a cart return.  People seem to run into you with the carts when you are close to those things.  

pootersmomi
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM

I usually park across from one, not directly next to.

Quoting campingmomof4:

I don't park near a cart return.  People seem to run into you with the carts when you are close to those things.  

deccaf
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:08 PM

If it's the grocery store, I try for near the cart corral.  Anywhere else, just the first spot I see, it doesn't matter near or far.

mamadee1971
by Dionne on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM

I like to park far away from other vehicles, but it never fails that when I do, it's that one person that decides to park next me and close enough to where I can't get into my vehicle. devil mini I like the convenience of not having to wait for everyone to pass by, also I have to warm up my vehicle, so I don't like to be rushed into moving, I don't have time to fight over the closest spot, I don't have baskets piled around my vehicle and I don't mind the exercise.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I park far away, I don't want my car dinged by some moron that can't park, and I don't want someone crawling up my ass for my spot when I'm leaving.

TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 1:37 PM

As close as I can to the door!

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Where ever there is an open spot, not really particular

Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:09 PM
I just park where I can lol I don't wait uunless my feet hurt then I use my moms handicapped sign I have that stupid plantar faciitis
NeonGirl9583
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:11 PM
I park beside the store....well I don't because I don't drive. Bur people I ride with park there ....
thefiregoddess
by Member on Jun. 16, 2014 at 2:12 PM
Handicap. Those little slotted lines are where my wheelchair goes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. letstalk747
  2. lizzig
  3. Jukebox_Jenny
  4. powow65
  5. alf2651
  6. Angela4boys