Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PIOG: Where do you like to park?

Posted by   + Show Post

When in a big parking lot, do you strategically choose a parking spot?

Some people park closest to the entrance, some the exit, some like to use that opportunity to walk a bit and park farther away, some like to park where there aren't many other cars to minimize potential damage, some prefer to park at an angle rather than straight in...

I park nearest a cart return. I don't really care how far from the door, as long is there is a cart return nearby! (preferably right next to me so I can put the cart in the return and unload from there)

I often see people sit in a parking lot waiting for someone to back out so they can have a closer spot.  Of coure if there are usually hundreds of other spots available but they choose to sit and wait for that one, backing up traffic! I hate that. GRR

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Replies (41-50):
SweetLuci
by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Wherever there's an empty space. I don't usually have trouble finding a space close to the entrance, an I've never had a problem with someone dinging my car. I live in a small area, so I think people are more careful when they think someone they know might see them. lol That doesn't happen inhighly populated places. 

kmqw229
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:37 AM
I agree

Quoting LadyKiki:

I usually try to park next to a cart return. Even if it's in the back of the parking lot. I don't mind the walk. I started doing it when my son was born. It was just easier to have the cart return next to the car. I could put him in the car and be right there and not have to walk away to return the cart.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:39 AM

We park further away and walk...Doesn't bother me at all....

melliburger
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 2:25 AM

we try to get one either by a cart return area or where there is enough space to get our son out and open the doors as wide as we need.

momofnatalie
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 2:52 AM

I like to park in the shade and near the cart return.  I don't mind walking farther, unless its pouring rain.

earthangel1967
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 4:20 AM

We like to park as close as we can but if we can't we don't a fuss over it or anything... 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 5:39 AM

Depends on the crowd. If it's crowded, wherever I can find a spot. If it's not, I'll try to park close and leave space between my car and the next.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 7:06 AM
I park near cart corral. And I have done that, but only when there weren't any spots open.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:04 AM

i try to park close to the cart corral but if i cant, i walk it

Vertical15
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM

It depends.  If I have the kids I just try to park near a cart return so I have a place to put it once I've put the kids and groceries in.  When I'm alone I usually park in the back.  I don't like to paark super close and walking is good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN