Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PIOG: Where do you like to park?

Posted by   + Show Post

When in a big parking lot, do you strategically choose a parking spot?

Some people park closest to the entrance, some the exit, some like to use that opportunity to walk a bit and park farther away, some like to park where there aren't many other cars to minimize potential damage, some prefer to park at an angle rather than straight in...

I park nearest a cart return. I don't really care how far from the door, as long is there is a cart return nearby! (preferably right next to me so I can put the cart in the return and unload from there)

I often see people sit in a parking lot waiting for someone to back out so they can have a closer spot.  Of coure if there are usually hundreds of other spots available but they choose to sit and wait for that one, backing up traffic! I hate that. GRR

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Replies (41-50):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 16, 2014 at 9:28 PM

Wherever there's an empty space. I don't usually have trouble finding a space close to the entrance, an I've never had a problem with someone dinging my car. I live in a small area, so I think people are more careful when they think someone they know might see them. lol That doesn't happen inhighly populated places. 

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:37 AM
I agree

Quoting LadyKiki:

I usually try to park next to a cart return. Even if it's in the back of the parking lot. I don't mind the walk. I started doing it when my son was born. It was just easier to have the cart return next to the car. I could put him in the car and be right there and not have to walk away to return the cart.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:39 AM

We park further away and walk...Doesn't bother me at all....

melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 17, 2014 at 2:25 AM

we try to get one either by a cart return area or where there is enough space to get our son out and open the doors as wide as we need.

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Jun. 17, 2014 at 2:52 AM

I like to park in the shade and near the cart return.  I don't mind walking farther, unless its pouring rain.

earthangel1967
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 4:20 AM

We like to park as close as we can but if we can't we don't a fuss over it or anything... 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

bhwrn1
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 5:39 AM

Depends on the crowd. If it's crowded, wherever I can find a spot. If it's not, I'll try to park close and leave space between my car and the next.

celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 7:06 AM
I park near cart corral. And I have done that, but only when there weren't any spots open.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:04 AM

i try to park close to the cart corral but if i cant, i walk it

Vertical15
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 11:57 AM

It depends.  If I have the kids I just try to park near a cart return so I have a place to put it once I've put the kids and groceries in.  When I'm alone I usually park in the back.  I don't like to paark super close and walking is good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)