Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PIOG: Where do you like to park?

Posted by   + Show Post

When in a big parking lot, do you strategically choose a parking spot?

Some people park closest to the entrance, some the exit, some like to use that opportunity to walk a bit and park farther away, some like to park where there aren't many other cars to minimize potential damage, some prefer to park at an angle rather than straight in...

I park nearest a cart return. I don't really care how far from the door, as long is there is a cart return nearby! (preferably right next to me so I can put the cart in the return and unload from there)

I often see people sit in a parking lot waiting for someone to back out so they can have a closer spot.  Of coure if there are usually hundreds of other spots available but they choose to sit and wait for that one, backing up traffic! I hate that. GRR

by on Jun. 16, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Replies (71-78):
Mami2oneboy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:54 AM

If i can close to where i can return the cart i usually put my son on his car seat and have to return the cart so i dont like to be far away that i cant see him

sunshinepraying
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 3:30 PM
Usually closest to the cart return
MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:16 PM

If its a parking garage, I usually go up 2 or 3 levels to where most of the cars are not at and then I park near the elevator. Saves time trying to find a space.

Tracys2
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 5:01 PM

Right with you on cart return. My youngest is 5, so I can move a spot or 2 away now, but I am still in that pattern.

When my foot isn't bothering me, I'm OK to park far away and walk, but if it is, I'll go closer. But I never wait for a spot, unless it's right before Christmas

MrsNewman
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 6:49 PM

Towards the back. I have a hard time pulling into tight spots with our big durango so I just keep it simple and park where no one else does lol

MommeisQueen
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:20 AM
It depends on what store I'm at. If I'm at the mall it depends on what stores I'm planning on going to.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:42 AM
No preference
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moms_Angels1960
Styx here we come tonight I can't wait!
Today at 8:48 AM
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:32 AM

While I don't wait for someone I think that's rude to make others wait so you can have the parking spot you want we try to get one near a cart corral, and about 1/2 between the entrance and exits. Sometimes, we just take wahtever is available though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)