Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when at a hotel with the kids......

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:59 PM
  • 75 Replies

what is the sleeping arrangements?

we had to go to a hotel last night due to having something done to our hall bath & the smell being too intense for us to safely spend the night at home.  this was the first time the 4 of us have been in a hotel since the little guy was 2m, he's now almost 7.  there was a big debate about sleeping arrangements last night.  the 10 1/2yr old didn't want to sleep with the 6 1/2yr old because he's too wild.  she didn't want to sleep with her papi either because he likes to cuddle & she likes her space (she is so like me ;o)  the little guy wanted to sleep with me too.  the room had two double beds & i wasn't about to sleep in a double with both kids.  so it ended up being the boys in one bed & the girls in another.  i

remember when i was little & we'd go on vacation i'd share a bed with my mom & my father would be on his own. (my parents have a very unhealthy relationship & haven't shared the same bed since before i was 10 & i'm 39)  made me wonder what other families do when their staying in a hotel.

by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 12:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rust.n.Gears
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:07 PM
We have to get two joining rooms. Girls in one bed and boys in the other. Me and Dan get our own bed.
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:11 PM

well when there is more than 4 in the family i guess you'd have to do such! ;o)

Quoting Rust.n.Gears: We have to get two joining rooms. Girls in one bed and boys in the other. Me and Dan get our own bed.

wandep
by Pam on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Well, atm we slept the two kids together which will probably change soon since they are getting older 8 and 10 years old (girl and boy). Not sure what we will do then. LOL

PinkButterfly66
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:14 PM

When we go on vacation, we try to get a suite with two bedrooms or adjoining rooms so the kid can have one room and we have the other or we each get our own bedrooms.  If we're all bunking in one bedroom, we get either 2 kings or 2 doubles.  So the kid gets one bed and we get the other (king).  If it is a double, I'll sleep with the kid and hubs gets the other bed because I tend to wander in bed and a double is just too small for the both of us.

heydooney
by Danielle :) on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM
When we lived in the hotel for a month the big boys slept in one king bed and the little guy got the couch. DH and I had the other king.
suziejax
by Platinum Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:21 PM

My husband and I stay in a bed and dd gets a bed and ds gets the pull out couch bed. we always stay in a place that has a pull out bed in the couch so there is room for everyone.

OrangeDreamPop
by Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:24 PM
I just sleep with my babies. Just me and a four year old and 19 month old. If there are two beds I sleep in one and the kids in the other. Or they can come to lay with me if they want
KelliansMom
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Growing up my parents would get two a joined room and all is kids would be in one and them in the other. With my family now we would put the boys together in one bed and us in the other.
ballerina.2006
by Silver Member on Jun. 17, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Last year it was me, dh, and baby (1 week old) in one bed and the then 4&7 yr olds in the other.

Growing up it was my parents in one bed and the youngest 2 in the other which left us older 3 on the floor :/ I was never happy about that but with a large family on a budget it is what it is (mainly hotels were when my dad was pcs'ed and we were driving from place A to place B)
fraujones
by Amanda on Jun. 17, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Dh usually gets a bed to himself and the two girls cuddle up with me, lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)