Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:00 PM
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this

So one of my co-workers just came into my office awhile ago and was noticing how grown up my DD looked in some pictures. Anyway, he has a DD the same age (13) and wanted to know "If my daughter got her boobs yet?" Really?? Did she get her boobs??? Where would she get them? LOL Do men think they just pop out one night and bam... ya got boobs! It was just a weird remark. How about " has she started devloping?" to be politically correct (especially in a corporate environment) or how about not asking my daughter's boobs? UGH! For the love of pete, yeah, we we got her a pair at Target last night. LOL If it were that easy!

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:15 PM

He was just being curious and probably did not know the "proper"etiquette for asking about development of a girl  LOL.   I feel like mine came over night and classmates thought i stuffed bra.

egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Well...that was blunt. But maybe he's struggling with his own dd's development and was in some fumbling way looking for advice or something? Maybe? Lol Or maybe not. Some people are just more...blunt. When I was 12I was already a B cup. A friend's dad saw me for the first time and later asked her how old I was. She told him and he said "Wow she's very large in the *mimes breasts* area". Twas weird
Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this

men....no filter

jaytee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this
That was not polite!

Oh a side note, I'm 35 and still haven't got my boobs! I wish I could buy a pair at Target, ha!
Tigress22304
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:48 PM

I really dont see how that's appropriate...but maybe he didn't understand that every girl develops when her body's ready?!

michiganmom116
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:18 PM

...awkward.....

LOL

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 8:53 PM
Yeah that's weird that he asked that lol. I do remember a few of my friends who did just get boobs lol. One summer can make a big difference. They hated it!Such an awkward age to go through yet beautiful at the same time.
angieluvsolivia
by Angie on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:02 PM

I agree and same here, I was wearing a bra at 9 and my dd is 7 and developing.  *sigh*

Quoting frndlyfn:

He was just being curious and probably did not know the "proper"etiquette for asking about development of a girl  LOL.   I feel like mine came over night and classmates thought i stuffed bra.

zeezoo
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Men.. They're so eloquent sometimes. Lol

ScrChk23
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 9:09 PM

Maybe he is having a hard time dealing with her changing.  Still rude and unprofessional though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)