Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I the only one

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 1:27 PM
  • 48 Replies
Who gets a bit misty eyed on the last day of school? I mean I'm excited too because it's summer vacation and we don't have to rush rush rush every morning. But at the same time it means my babies are one grade higher and therefore older. Maybe it's because mine are still young and I just haven't gotten used to it yet. Or maybe dh is right and I'm just a softy. Either way, am I alone?
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 1:46 PM
2 moms liked this

I always did well with our own 5  kids on the last day of school but it was common for me to feel teary and sensitive on the first day of school at least when they went to public school. 

However when I use to work part time for a couple of years at the local elementary when 2 of my kids were going there and I dealt with the 1st-5th graders on playgound as well in lunchroom and halls and in their classrooms if it was indoor recess and I was really close to all the kids.. I told them I felt like I had over 400 kids and they all loved me back and 1 little girl asked me "Miss Yvonne do you miss us during summer vacatiion?" I said "YES!!! Every year on last day I go home and sit on my couch once I get there and cry for a bit. ' She giggled and her friends did too and they said "NOOO You dont' And my daughter Michae'la who was in 4th or 5th grade at the time rolled her eyes and said "YESSS she DOES!!!" and the other girls said Awwwwww and hugged me and said WHy do you cry? Because you miss us? I said YES I miss you I feel like I have over 400 kids and I have to not get to see all but 5 of them for a whole summer and some of the kids who have not very happy homes I worry about them and hope they will be ok and happy and well because they won't have me to talk to like they do when we are all here.  

View Full Size Image YVONNE

deccaf
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Not me.  At least not yet.  She isn't in school yet, so give me 2 years.

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Yes I felt that way with ds going from preschool to kindergaten and now kindergaten to first grade oh my where has the time gone !!!

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:00 PM

I loved the last day of school.  It made me feel free, lol.  I'm sure you aren't alone though.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:04 PM

I cry every year

egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:35 PM
My oldest was in first and is going to second and my second was in Kindergarten and is going to first. They seem to grow so much faster once they're in school. Maybe it gets easier when they're older?

Quoting Stevensmomma:

Yes I felt that way with ds going from preschool to kindergaten and now kindergaten to first grade oh my where has the time gone !!!

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

No, you're not alone!

I cry for several reasons, lol....They're older, I get to spend more time with them, and then reality sets in that I will also spend more time with my niece and nephew because they get dropped off here every morning when there's no school...haha.

egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Thank God I'm not the only one! Lol

Quoting momofsixangels:

I cry every year

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:40 PM

I use to feel the same way when the boys were growing up.  You are definitely not alone   :)

nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 5:14 PM
I do! I'm an emotional mess at the beginning and end of school year =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)