Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your children go to any sort of summer camp?

by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Replies (11-19):
hburnette3
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:15 AM

lucky you.  I'm a leader for my daughters girl scout troop.  They told me adults including leaders can go to camp.  I hate sending her off a week without me.  :(

Quoting suroundedbyboys: My ds9 is going to his first overnight camp, it's 4 days 3 nights for cubscouts. Typically it's without parents but since hubs and I are both leaders hubs is attending too:) Ds6 is also attending a 2 day 3 night camp. His is cubscouts and meant for a parent to attend. We did day camp last year and I attended all 5 days as a leader, it was soooo hot! Happily letting my husband attend with the boys this year.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:29 AM

My boys went to different ones, scouts and another sleep away camp. Dgd has gone to a few special interest camps, marine science, art.

MrsRobinson06
by Amy on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:13 PM

No

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:21 PM

the last two years my daughter did a two week summer school camp that our district offered.  they got to learn about different & fun things that they generally can't in school due to all the new rules.  they'd learn different ways to figure out math problems, learn about different countries, etc.  last year my son did it as well.

this year they did a one week celtic camp.  my daughter started playing irish fiddle last summer & joined a junior ceili band in the fall.  after going to all her gigs my son got interested in the music as well & wanted to go to the camp to learn the tin whistle so he could eventually learn the irish flute.

but that's the only camp they're doing this year.  my son has gymnastics twice a week year round & the summer my daughter's become a mom's helper for some friends with little ones they so they are staying busy without more camps.

diaperstodating
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:32 PM

No. I am off during the summer, and I love the extra time I get to spend time with my boys.

LifeCafe42
by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Next year he will go to the one through his karate studio
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my4kids274
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Lacrosse camp and a science camp for my son.  Field hockey camp and a science camp for my daughter.  

amyjane22
by Amy on Jun. 21, 2014 at 9:48 PM

My son will go to our church's 1st & 2nd grade overnight camp next month.

alf2651
by Amanda on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:02 PM

No. There's a little two hour day camp at a local indoor bounce house that I have been considering, but she's kind of balking at the idea. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN