Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you in your forever home?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:21 AM
  • 102 Replies

Do you see yourself there for many years or have plans to move? Why or why not is it your perfect home?

by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:24 AM

likely yes, only because we can't afford to buy something else.

BrownEyedGirl86
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:25 AM

I would love this to be my forever home - for some simple reasons; but DH knows we are moving again...he wants more property

TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:27 AM

This is how I am but on the other hand, I dont want to mow any more grass than I already am!lol

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

I would love this to be my forever home - for some simple reasons; but DH knows we are moving again...he wants more property

TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:28 AM

I just think of the selling and buying process and I worry. I'm th ekind that always thinks the worst will happen, but I know there are really good deals out there!

Quoting michiganmom116:

BrownEyedGirl86
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:30 AM

He wants to put a pool in for the kids and a hot tub for himself - we could do both here but it would leave little 'play' room for the kids...so I get where he is coming from - but my thinking is to suck it up bc we just moved lol. seriously though This house will be paid off before I turn 60 which in Jersey is amazing in and of itself. plus i don't want to think of a bigger payment bc we all know with more land is more taxes in this wonderful state kwim?

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

This is how I am but on the other hand, I dont want to mow any more grass than I already am!lol

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

Mygirl30248
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:38 AM
No I live in my family apartment complex. But my next move will be from here to a home I'm buying. No more scummy landlords to deal with.
Mygirl30248
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:38 AM
No I live in my family apartment complex. But my next move will be from here to a home I'm buying. No more scummy landlords to deal with.
TheJerseyGirl
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

high fiveGirl nobody knows how hard it is to stay afloat in Jersey unless you live in Jersey! I'm on Realtor.com all the damn time and the first thing I do on a house is scroll down and check out their taxes!lol!

Are you North or South? You get alot more for your money South...that's where I am!

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

He wants to put a pool in for the kids and a hot tub for himself - we could do both here but it would leave little 'play' room for the kids...so I get where he is coming from - but my thinking is to suck it up bc we just moved lol. seriously though This house will be paid off before I turn 60 which in Jersey is amazing in and of itself. plus i don't want to think of a bigger payment bc we all know with more land is more taxes in this wonderful state kwim?

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Quoting BrownEyedGirl86:

michiganmom116
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:45 AM

We tried to sell this house twice, but each time that selling process turned into a nightmare and we gave up.  Twice we had offers, accepted them, and financing fell through literally in the 2 hours before closing the deal.   I guess we're just meant to stay here.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

I just think of the selling and buying process and I worry. I'm th ekind that always thinks the worst will happen, but I know there are really good deals out there!

Quoting michiganmom116:

kbutton24
by Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 6:47 AM
Nope. We're currently renting mil's guest house while a buy a home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)