Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

YIKES! -- updated

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:16 AM
  • 27 Replies
1 mom liked this

Today I get to take a work truck and 28 ft. trailer, drive the freeway for 2 hours to the 2nd largest major city in the state, through some major storms, and return with a loaded trailer....and I've never driven in that city nor with a trailer IN MY LIFE!

praying

LOL  Wish me luck!

Update:  Well, I made the trip in 5 hours including loading the trailer.  I was unsure of where I was a couple of times but didn't get really lost.  Had some traffic that made me nervous when I was in Grand Rapids.  The trailer was an easy smooth pull and handled well, even when loaded.  It rained 95% of the trip!  I could have done without the rain, and I was VERY relieved to get back safely.

by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Just take a breath. You can do this!

earthangel1967
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:31 AM

good luckyou rockdrivingfingers crossed

Think of it this way... when you come back once you are done, you will be able to say that IS something you 've done before, something a lot of people will never do! Woo hoo!  Today = New Adventure and after today = New Accomplishment! I believe in you! 

Good luck! 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

michiganmom116
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:08 AM

...IF I come back in one piece  LOL

It's bad enough riding through Grand Rapids in a car...I sure don't look forward to driving in it with a truck and trailer.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Think of it this way... when you come back once you are done, you will be able to say that IS something you 've done before, something a lot of people will never do! Woo hoo!  Today = New Adventure and after today = New Accomplishment! I believe in you! 

Good luck! 

Flaca43
by Ruby Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:31 AM
You'll do great!! 😃
earthangel1967
by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Yes i am familiar with Grand Rapids... it is busy... but I just feel a lot of confidence in you! Just take deep slow breaths and tell yourself the truth.. every truck driver had a first time with such a situation and most of them apparently get thru it to keep on truckin : ) And you are an extra capable woman in MOST things so this is just one more you can chalk up to your accomplishments after today. Make sure you give yourself credit along the way for every corner you take well and every tricky part you get thru... celebrate your  little successes along the way thru the entire thing and it will build your confidence. I REALLY DO believe in you! Tomorrow we will be celebrating with you! : )  Some of the most intimidating things we face end up being some of the biggest things we end up being proud of, right?!  I bet you  are going to do awesome! I really do! 

Quoting michiganmom116:

...IF I come back in one piece  LOL

It's bad enough riding through Grand Rapids in a car...I sure don't look forward to driving in it with a truck and trailer.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Good luck! 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:33 AM
U can do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 8:58 AM

good luck!

chicken13
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2014 at 9:00 AM

Just stay calm.  White knuckles and stiff arms don't help.  

melliburger
by Melli on Jun. 21, 2014 at 12:50 AM

Wow! I wouldn't like to do that. I'm glad you got it done safely.

deedee3849
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 12:51 AM
Glad you're back safely!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN