Group Home

Today I get to take a work truck and 28 ft. trailer, drive the freeway for 2 hours to the 2nd largest major city in the state, through some major storms, and return with a loaded trailer....and I've never driven in that city nor with a trailer IN MY LIFE!

praying

LOL  Wish me luck!

Update:  Well, I made the trip in 5 hours including loading the trailer.  I was unsure of where I was a couple of times but didn't get really lost.  Had some traffic that made me nervous when I was in Grand Rapids.  The trailer was an easy smooth pull and handled well, even when loaded.  It rained 95% of the trip!  I could have done without the rain, and I was VERY relieved to get back safely.

by on Jun. 20, 2014 at 7:16 AM
Replies (21-27):
Madelaine
by Ruby Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 2:28 PM

Yep!

Quoting SweetLuci:

Just take a breath. You can do this!

michiganmom116
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 3:28 PM

I have a feeling I'll be making plenty more trips  LOL

Quoting lizzig:

wow!  not a job i could ever do!  i hate driving & really hate driving big vehicles.  kuddos to you mama!  think you'll be making more such trips?

michiganmom116
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

My biggest obstacle is my own self-doubt.  Thanks!

Quoting earthangel1967:

RE: the update! SEE?!!! I told you that you would do a great job! I just KNEW it, didn't have one ounce of doubt in you! YAYYY good job! 

goodyou rockway to gohigh fiveclapping

earthangel1967
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 3:30 PM
1 mom liked this

It's ok .. I believed in you enough for BOTH of us tee hee : D

Quoting michiganmom116:

My biggest obstacle is my own self-doubt.  Thanks!

Quoting earthangel1967:

RE: the update! SEE?!!! I told you that you would do a great job! I just KNEW it, didn't have one ounce of doubt in you! YAYYY good job! 

goodyou rockway to gohigh fiveclapping

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Janet
by Silver Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad your back safely!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 21, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Glad you made it ok
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 21, 2014 at 10:00 PM

Glad everything went well for you. You rock! Did something you were afraid to do, but did it anyway! Yay for you.

Quoting michiganmom116:

Today I get to take a work truck and 28 ft. trailer, drive the freeway for 2 hours to the 2nd largest major city in the state, through some major storms, and return with a loaded trailer....and I've never driven in that city nor with a trailer IN MY LIFE!

praying

LOL  Wish me luck!

Update:  Well, I made the trip in 5 hours including loading the trailer.  I was unsure of where I was a couple of times but didn't get really lost.  Had some traffic that made me nervous when I was in Grand Rapids.  The trailer was an easy smooth pull and handled well, even when loaded.  It rained 95% of the trip!  I could have done without the rain, and I was VERY relieved to get back safely.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690