Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

& the forecast says

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM
  • 43 Replies

we just got home from my son's gymnastics about 10minutes ago.  when we were pulling into our parking lot we saw a ton of people going to the pool, our building is right in front of it.  the forcast for today called for 60% chance of thunderstorms.  when we got home the sky was overcast, the leaves were starting to turn over & you could feel the rain coming.  apparently non of those going to the pool watched or heard the forecast for today nor were they paying attention to the weather around them. 

we no sooner got in the door, took our shoes off & started getting lunch ready when the rain started falling.  not a nice summer drizzle but a downpour.  shortly after the rain started the thunder & lightening came.  the kids were getting a kick out of watching everyone running from the pool.  this isn't the first time we've watched people fleeing from the downpour.  my kids are going on 7 & 11, they can tell when rain is in the air.  they are a bit perplexed as to why adults can't.

by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IncognitoOne
by Angela on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:54 PM

LOL....I don't get it either

wandep
by Pam on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:07 PM

We have a 40% chance of rain here today. Highs are in the 80s. I get barometric pressure headaches and can tell when the rain is coming.

ablackdolphin
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Funny!!

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:12 PM

LMBO!

Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:14 PM

lol

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:19 PM

it is a funny site to see.  especially when they are trying to cover from the rain in with their towels, floaties, coolers, etc.  they were already wet from being in the pool so what difference does rain make.  not to mention such items don't really protect you!

Quoting VintageWife:

LMBO!

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Right? That's what I was picturing. lol

Quoting lizzig:

it is a funny site to see.  especially when they are trying to cover from the rain in with their towels, floaties, coolers, etc.  they were already wet from being in the pool so what difference does rain make.  not to mention such items don't really protect you!

Quoting VintageWife:

LMBO!

cemcnair
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:25 PM
I took a chance yesterday :) 60% chance, overcast. I thought we'd get at least half and hour before we got rained out and I wanted to go swim!!
It actually never rained at the pool, lol! Sky cleared in about an hour. We swam for two hours. Rained in town.
Glad I chanced it :)
Gabbysmom615
by Kira on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:59 PM

lol, we have decent weather today for once 89 as the high but hardly and humidity

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jun. 23, 2014 at 2:00 PM
Haha! We will sometimes hit the lake on a day like that because it might not be as busy, and we can get half an hour of swimming in... But I won't take all our toys, and I sure don't try to cover my already wet body from the rain!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)