Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dog owners.... What kind of

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 7:10 AM
  • 113 Replies

What kind of dog do you have?  Pure pred? Mutt?

If pure pred, how much did you pay?  We have a chihuahua and rescued him from the pound.  It was $125.

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jun. 24, 2014 at 7:51 AM
papillon pure breed. We rescued him for $100.
IncognitoOne
by Angela on Jun. 24, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Mutt...he's a Great Dane/Saint Bernard Mix.

earthangel1967
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

We don't have a dog but we have 4 granddoggies we love and spoil! 

Our daughter Brittany 25 yr olds 5 yr old pure bred yorkie WAS mine and todd's at first.. we got him at 4 mos old for $600 but about 3 yrs ago when the  last of our kids was moving out of house and we wanted to move to small apt and Buxton spent a lot more time playing  with our kids and didn't like our cat or our cockatiel and we are only allowed 2 pets in the apts we wanted to live in and find caring for cat and cockatiel a lot easier and low maintenance and our oldest daughter asked if she could take him as hers so then everyone was happy.... he was closer to her than us anyway. So she got him for free. 

Our 22 yr old daughter Michae'la just got her dream dog - a pure bred Australian cattle dog when he was 4 mos old (I don't remember how much she paid for him.. somewhere around $600 more or less around there I think) he is is 8 mos old, His name is Mavric. 

Our daughter Amanda 20 has a pure bred Chihuahua and a pitbull/boxer mix -she got both free from her boyfriend John's grandma... her chihuahua is older and she got her pit/boxer as a puppy. 

Chihuahua is Flare and Pitbull/boxer is Chevy both females. 

Todd and I don't have dogs and won't anymore in future even though we love them we just don't want responsibility it takes to take care of them... so we have 

Our dream cat that was our wedding gift and valentines gift to one another... our 8 yr old Pure bred Oriental Shorthair CHERISH Bliss - she was born 10 days before our wedding and old enough for us to take her home 5 mos later on valentines day at 5 mos old. She was $600 She's really priceless though and our beyond loved and beyond spoiled purr purr princess

And we have our purebred cockatiel bird that we got when he was 4 mos old and he is 5 yrs old now named Medley and he was only $129  He's out of his cage 12 hours a day and we never clip his wings so he can fly and do whatever he wants, he's a little king and he knows it too. Our cat and our cockatiel are just as obsessed with us as we are of them. : ) 

Even though our pets weren't rescues, we do donate money too rescues frequently, local no kill shelters and the aspca and others...  and we over the years we have rescued many animals and found them homes or took care of them until we could get them to professional rehabiliators.. stray dogs, countless ferile kittens, even a few wild newborn birds I had to hand feed every 2 hrs day AND night UGHHHH ... and an injured brown bat and even an injured bumble bee we hand fed for a week until he could fly again and then set him free. : )  ANd we feed a LOT of variety of wildlife outside every day all year around too and spend quite a bit on their food but they are worth it too. :) 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:40 AM

king pit. 500$

AzariahsMother
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:44 AM

I was a dog owner and we had a Morkie (yorkie/maltease mix).   

allycally
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:47 AM
Boston/pug mix.she was free
DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:13 AM

German Shepard puppy. 

Prometheus was a gift.

EireLass
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Weimeraner, purebred. I adopted him from another family...$100

Border Collie, purebred. Bought from breeder...$800

Belgian Malinois, purebred. I adopted him from another family...$500...plus airfare ($400). 

earthangel1967
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:19 AM

toddler boytoddler girlpuppy When 4 of my kids were little and I was still married to my ex h... we got a purebred Maltese at 4 mos old for $400 and I litter box trained him in only 1 week.  I let my ex h keep him when I divorced him so he'd have someone and Jovial liked to have all the attention so that way I knew he would get undivided attention.. but Jovial died of old age a few years ago I'm told.  We actually wanted to get a dog from pound but were afraid to at that time because my oldest son has literally disabling asthma and seemed to do well only around the nonshedding kind of dogs so we were scared to risk a dog might be mixed with a shedding type from pound so felt we better save up and invest in purebred to make sure.. Also I wanted to make sure it was a tiny dog so I could litter box train it so that all worked out well. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

acer.acerpori
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 9:23 AM

Buddy - Labradane (Vet says Black Lab Great Dane) he has some other breeds in him but it's such a small percentage we stick with Labradane. He only cost us the initial vet visit we adopted him locally when he was 8 weeks old and he is now 2 (3 in October)

Daisy - Miniature Pinscher (Tripawd) she is missing a front leg. She fell down stairs as a puppy and they had to remove it. She cost us nothing we adopted her from my MIL's sister. MIL said she thinks she is about 5.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN