Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Picky eaters

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:26 AM
  • 27 Replies

My youngest is such a picky eater I don't know how to get him to eat what he needs to be healthy so I recently found fruit and veggies pouches sounds gross but he loves them !!! 

I have tried to make food fun by making the plate of food into funny faces animals food coloring etc. 

what do you to to get those picky eaters to eat ??

btw he will be two in two weeks 

Join us in the smarter living group

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2jessnky
by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:30 AM

I just serve food, you can eat it or come back at the next meal to see if that suits your fancy. My youngest claims to hate salmon, I still make it, she eats it when I do.

I let them dip things in whatever they want, but I'm only making one dinner a night. My youngest will eat ANYTHING dipped in A1. My oldest likes to dip things in Ranch. It works, they're eating.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I never had picky eaters...(6 daughter's) and whenever other people  come over I check for any allergies and food dislikes...If it's something we enjoy like spinach, I'll make what they like..And I don't stress if they don't want to eat..They WILL eat when they are hungry...

deccaf
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

DD goes through phases of what she likes.  Right now, she won't eat anything orange.  So I don't make carrots.  She will eat any green vegetable, though, so that works.  I work within what she likes.  I know I have my individual preferences, and accept that she does, too.  She isn't a kid who will only eat certain foods, though.  I don't know what I would do if that were the case.

wandep
by Pam on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:01 PM

My kids are picky too..they are 8 and 10 years old. 

Janet
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:03 PM

If you got him eating fruit and veggies you are doing good mama! Will he eat any meat?

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:17 PM

I agree I only make one dinner but he's not even two he went days without eating at all  it's a little harder when they don't understands as well

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I just serve food, you can eat it or come back at the next meal to see if that suits your fancy. My youngest claims to hate salmon, I still make it, she eats it when I do.

I let them dip things in whatever they want, but I'm only making one dinner a night. My youngest will eat ANYTHING dipped in A1. My oldest likes to dip things in Ranch. It works, they're eating.

Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Thanks ! Yes he likes chicken and pork 

Quoting Janet:

If you got him eating fruit and veggies you are doing good mama! Will he eat any meat?

nngmommy83
by Gold Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 4:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I would just keep offering it since it's probably a phase right now.

momofnatalie
by Lisa on Jun. 24, 2014 at 4:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest was the same way.  We ate what she ate and would say how good it tasted.  DH would ask her if he could have a bite of hers and it cracked her up.  She thought it was funny and she would say no and put it in her mouth.  We didn't force her to eat anything just encouraged and persisted.  Hopefully this phase will pass soon

suziejax
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats great he likes the pouches. Just hang in there trying different foods or preparing them different. Like my kids started liking brocolli by the way I fixed it. I would buy it fresh and chop some SUper small. I would add it to the rice bake & top with cheese. I would tell them what it was when they declared they liked it. SO from then on they declared they like brocolli. The older they got the larger I chopped it till they eat full pieces of brocolli! I trained them slow & small.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN