Group Home

Why do companies allow their employees to smoke at the front of the business?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:04 AM
  • 131 Replies
5 moms liked this

Why do places of business allow their employees to take their smoke break outside the front door of the business?  Forcing me to walk through a wall of smoke to enter?

Makes me crazy. I vow to complain to the company or corporate the next time this happens.

bad

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momkaribg
by Kari on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:17 AM
3 moms liked this

I dont blame you. I have a Son with severe asthma and this is one of my pet peeves. Especially at a hospital. Here its smoke free but people stand right at the door smoking. When i am taking my Son in with a asthma attack the last thing he needs is to walk through a cloud of smoke.

momma-flynn
by Greta on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:31 AM
Our employees are not allowed to smoke on the property.
AzariahsMother
by Lynsey on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:33 AM

This would be a good question for the business your speaking about. 

Most businesses here in MN do not allow you to and you must be out at least 30ft front he door.  Not that it's a huge difference.  Some also have differnt  smoking areas.  Like where I work you have to go up to 2nd floor of the parking ramp and there is a bench off in the corner.  

MommaCyn296
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:43 AM
I haven't figured that out either! I have asthma and cigarette smoke dies me really bad. Now it is hard for me to go places because the employees are smoking at the front entrance. At walmart the employees get an attitude if you even look at them. SMH
Hannahsmommy816
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

i cant stand that either. there should be a designated area...they probably dont have a back area but still should be aside

Jules_
by Julie on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I think it looks trashy as well.  I won't walk through cigarette smoke to go into a place.

frankiesma530
by Krissy on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

It's so unprofessional and I hate it more when I have kids with me. I don't want to subject them to smoke cuz your employee can't smoke in the back or out of the way of the public. 

Beachdeprived
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM
2 moms liked this

I am completley with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Walmart is horrible about this!!!  I have even encountered it at Target. Personally I do not feel they should smoke on the premise or anywhere near customers!! It drives me nuts too when they do it in the front of hospitals or medical buildings. UGH!

suzieginger
by New Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I've even seen it at Target.

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 9:42 AM

A lot of companies here do not allow it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. aneela
  2. Vertical15
  3. mrswillie
  4. ceciliam
  5. deccaf
  6. SweetLuci