Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Peach cobbler recipes?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:10 AM
  • 12 Replies

I have a BUNCH of peaches that I got on sale at the store this week and I'd love to try to make s peach cobbler or crisp with them, but I don't have a good recipe.  Anyone care to share theirs?  

by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:13 AM

This is so simple, and absolutely delicious.

Peach Cobbler

6 Tablespoons butter
3 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup milk
3/4 cup self-rising flour or all-purpose flour+1 teaspoon baking powder+1/4 teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 350. Melt butter in deep dish pie plate or 9" casserole dish in oven. Toss 1/4 cup sugar with peaches. Set aside. Whisk together rest of sugar (1 cup), nutmeg, milk and flour. Remove pan from oven. Pour batter over butter. Carefully spoon fruit on top, distributing evenly. Do not mix. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling around sides.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Here's another. My brother lives in S Carolina and always brings me peaches, so I have a lot of recipes for them.

Peach Cobbler

4 cups peeled, sliced peaches

2 cups sugar, divided

1/2 cup water

8 tablespoons butter

1 1/2 cups self-rising flour

1 1/2 cups milk

Ground cinnamon, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine the peaches, 1 cup sugar, and water in a saucepan and mix well. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.

Put the butter in a 3-quart baking dish and place in oven to melt.

Mix remaining 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk slowly to prevent clumping. Pour mixture over melted butter. Do not stir. Spoon fruit on top, gently pouring in syrup. Sprinkle top with ground cinnamon, if using. Batter will rise to top during baking. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes.

To serve, scoop onto a plate and serve with your choice of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Peach pie, peach cobbler, peach crisp - sometimes it's nice to enjoy peaches without baking them! This recipe lets you do just that. It's a fluffy, airy mousse meant to be enjoyed cold, straight from the fridge.

Peach Mousse

4 very ripe peaches, peeled, flesh chopped
1 ½ cups sugar
2 cups whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon grated orange or lemon zest
4 fresh mint leaves, for garnish

In a large bowl, toss peaches and sugar together. Refrigerate 1 hour. Mash peaches with a fork or masher and reserve juices.

In a medium bowl, combine whipping cream, vanilla, zest, and reserved juice. Whip until thick and smooth. Gently fold in mashed peaches and chill until serving. Garnish with mint.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Fresh Peach Pie

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 pkg. peach jello
1 pint cut up peaches
1 baked pie crust
Cool Whip or whipped cream
In saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch together; add water and stir to mix. Cook until thickened. Add jello; mix and let cool. Put sliced peaches in pie crust and pour jello mixture over them. Chill, garnish with Cool Whip.

GypsiSky
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM

My recipe is for raw vegan peach cobbler and requires so much effort, I'm usually not in the mood for it when it's finally ready lol

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Or if you want a traditional old-fashioned pie:

Peach Pie

Pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
5 cups fresh peaches, sliced
1 cup sugar
1/3-1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4-1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sugar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Stir together flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon and set aside. Wash, peel, and slice fresh peaches. Mix together peaches with the combined dry ingredients. Turn into pastry-lined pie pan and dot with butter. Cover with top crust, cut slits in it, seal the edges. Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Cover the edges with foil to prevent over browning; remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through the slits in the crust. Pie may be frozen for future use.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:22 AM

Peach Cream Pie

6 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced

1 (9 inch) unbaked deep-dish pastry shell

1/2 cup sugar

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup whipping cream

Arrange peaches in the pastry shell. In a bowl, combine sugar, flour and salt; stir in cream until smooth. Pour over peaches. Bake at 400 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until filling is almost set. Serve warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Peach Dessert

Layer 1:

2 cups flour

2 sticks margarine

½ to 1 cup chopped nuts

Layer 2:

8 ounces of cream cheese

1 cup powdered sugar

1 large container cool whip

Layer 3:

1 cup sugar

3 Tablespoons cornstarch

3 Tablespoons peach jello

1 cup water

4 cups frozen, fresh, or canned peaches (drained)

For layer 1 cut margarine into flour. Add Nuts. Press into 13”x19” pan. Bake at 400 degrees 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.

For layer 2 beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together, then blend cool-whip into the mixture. Pour and spread over layer 1.

For layer 3 boil sugar, cornstarch, peach jello, and water together until slightly thickened. Cool. Add peaches. (I lay my peaches on top of layer 2 and then pour the jello mixture over top of all.) Pour over layer 2 and chill. ENJOY!!

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:26 AM

My family loves a purchased pound cake, topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sliced peaches on top.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:34 AM

I have never made it before. Try allrecipies.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN