Group Home

Saw this on Fb... is it true? *eta with Snopes link.

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:40 PM
  • 25 Replies

Mobile Photo

I was looking through my news feed and this popped up. Part of me wants to say it's not...considering the spelling mistake (just 1 that I see..I know it's only one but it still has me curious)

Anybody heard this?

Snopes said it's false... http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/drinkingage.asp
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM

From what I understand without really digging is that ONE BAR is increasing it's drinking age to 25.  They believe it will increase traffic by reducing the "annoyance" of the younger legal drinking age set.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:51 PM
Ahhh... ok. I'm not a drinker but I was still curious about it lol.

People will be raising hell now (even more) saying "if people can go to war at 18 they should be able to drink!" I hear/read that one a lot.

Quoting deccaf:

From what I understand without really digging is that ONE BAR is increasing it's drinking age to 25.  They believe it will increase traffic by reducing the "annoyance" of the younger legal drinking age set.

deccaf
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with that statement, but would go to a system where you show your military ID in order to drink at 18.  I was in the service.  I think if you can die for your country, you can drink.  But I don't agree that just random 18 year olds should be able to.  Show that ID, or go home.

Quoting proudmommy690: Ahhh... ok. I'm not a drinker but I was still curious about it lol. People will be raising hell now (even more) saying "if people can go to war at 18 they should be able to drink!" I hear/read that one a lot.
Quoting deccaf:

taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:57 PM

I haven't heard anything about that.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:57 PM
That's true. Maybe Marines only...but then people would be signing up just so they can drink lol.

Quoting deccaf:

I agree with that statement, but would go to a system where you show your military ID in order to drink at 18.  I was in the service.  I think if you can die for your country, you can drink.  But I don't agree that just random 18 year olds should be able to.  Show that ID, or go home.

Quoting proudmommy690: Ahhh... ok. I'm not a drinker but I was still curious about it lol. People will be raising hell now (even more) saying "if people can go to war at 18 they should be able to drink!" I hear/read that one a lot.
Quoting deccaf:

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jun. 25, 2014 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Me either til I saw this.. hmm.

Quoting taKENheart:

I haven't heard anything about that.

deccaf
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I don't think they would.  You don't sign up for military just to drink.  Especially right now, there is too much risk of injury or death to sign up just to drink, when many 18-21 year olds still find ways.

Quoting proudmommy690: That's true. Maybe Marines only...but then people would be signing up just so they can drink lol.
Quoting deccaf:

Quoting deccaf:

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:22 PM
You may be right.

Quoting deccaf:

I don't think they would.  You don't sign up for military just to drink.  Especially right now, there is too much risk of injury or death to sign up just to drink, when many 18-21 year olds still find ways.

Quoting proudmommy690: That's true. Maybe Marines only...but then people would be signing up just so they can drink lol.
Quoting deccaf:

Quoting deccaf:

MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:22 PM

I heard it was a Hoax

lisairv
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 6:23 PM

It was a clickable link and when you clicked on it, it said it was a joke.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. BeachLifeMama
  3. SweetLuci
  4. mom2jessnky
  5. mrswillie
  6. proudmommy690
  7. alf2651
  8. Wish2Be
  9. nngmommy83
  10. momofsixangels
  11. momofnatalie
  12. lyrick24
  13. melliburger
  14. exhaustedmother
  15. wandep
  16. brownhoney21
  17. louannwilkins
  18. lilmama31709
  19. lizzig
  20. Tigress22304
Today's Question Tell us what you think!

Which back to school item(s) do you buy new every year?

Only CafeMom members can vote on polls.
Click here to login or register.