Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Picked up a few items for Back to School

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:41 PM
  • 35 Replies

My daughter and I went shopping.  She's 11 and going into middle school.  She's 5'3" already, so most clothes in the 'girls' dept. are too short for her.  We ventured into the Juniors dept and she can wear a 0 or a 1.  Omg, my little girl is shopping in the Juniors dept!!  We got her two pairs of jean shorts and 2 shirts to get her started.  The jeans she tried on fit lengthwise, but were actually too big in the waist and she hates wearing a belt.  We aren't that desperate yet to worry at this point.

My baby is growing up so fast.

crying

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 6:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:47 PM

you can get them tailored  for the waist.... TG capri length pants are acceptable for this age as well.   My dd since she is a bit taller than her peers prefers to wear dresses or skirts.

rocamom
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:50 PM
Back to school? When does she start? Mine just got out for summer.
IncognitoOne
by Angela on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I went through all the boys clothes today and made a list of what I need.

Keaton needs a hoodie or two, and a new backpack.

Colton needs a hoodie or two and a fleece jacket or two, 8 or so long sleeved shirts, and 7 pair of pants.

Then the stuff that'll be on their supply lists. They're both good on summer stuff, and Colton's backpack from last year is in perfect condition.

momofsixangels
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:41 PM

My ds is a senior!! Makes me cry. He is over 6 ft and his shoe size is 13

BeachLifeMama
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:06 PM
Wow, your dd is 2 inches taller than me. They grow up so fast!
slw123
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:45 PM

They go back the beginning of August.  We are out of town for half of July, so we really don't have a lot of time to start preparing.  She's outgrown everything.

Quoting rocamom: Back to school? When does she start? Mine just got out for summer.

slw123
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Awwww!  That makes me sad to think about how close we are to being done with kids at home.

Quoting momofsixangels:

My ds is a senior!! Makes me cry. He is over 6 ft and his shoe size is 13

slw123
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Yeah, we are tall people, lol.  I'm 5'9" and my husband is 6'1".  Our son is super tall too.  He JUST turned 9 last week.  At his pediatrician appt, she said that he is the height of the 'average' 11 year old boy.

Quoting BeachLifeMama: Wow, your dd is 2 inches taller than me. They grow up so fast!

virginiamama71
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:52 PM

My son is also starting middle school. crying

slw123
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:55 PM

I'm really not ready for this.  She's my oldest and I really wish they could stay little.

Quoting virginiamama71:

My son is also starting middle school. crying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)