Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's hard making friends as an adult!

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:39 PM
  • 44 Replies
I have a friend who I became friends with about 2 1/2 years ago. We have sons in scouts though different ages we have younger babies that are the same age- coming up on 3. We started talking and eventually became friends. We haven't hung out a lot bc she lives 30 minutes away and doesn't drive. We both have 3 kids and we never fit all in one car. We text and fb all the time and go to each other's parties and our husbands hang out, we do movies and what not together. Anyways about 6 weeks ago she told me she was moving away for her husbands job. We will now be 6 1/2 hours apart. Last night was their going away party and earlier in the week she and I did a dinner and movie night. Anyways, I didn't think I would be upset but I've been constantly on the verge of tears the last few days.
I know it's a good opportunity but grr! I'm so sad :( we've talked about getting together halfway in between and going there to visit but ugh! It sucks when someone leaves!
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:42 PM

Yeah the last friend i had as an adult went down a destructive (self inflicted) path and I have not seen them in 7 years.   I do not know what a friend is as an adult.  I know alot of people but do not think any are friends especially since I do not have a smart phone that does texting.  People would actually have to call me or instant message on computer to communicate if they did not stop by.

amanda.lyn
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:43 PM
Awe, that does stink. So sorry:-(
Whereismymind
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:43 PM
It is hard! I'm sorry she is moving so far :(
momofsixangels
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:41 PM

I agree. I miss my best friend.After I got married and had more children she backed off

MamaJane
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:47 PM
That is hard. I'm sorry. With Internet communication you should be able to still keep a relationship with her.
MamaJane
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:49 PM
The same happened to me. I still miss her sometimes even though its for the best I don't hang with her.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yeah the last friend i had as an adult went down a destructive (self inflicted) path and I have not seen them in 7 years.   I do not know what a friend is as an adult.  I know alot of people but do not think any are friends especially since I do not have a smart phone that does texting.  People would actually have to call me or instant message on computer to communicate if they did not stop by.

Juniper53098
by June on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Awww.  Sorry your friend is moving.  That's tough.

BeachLifeMama
by Silver Member on Jun. 29, 2014 at 8:58 PM
That sucks. I hate when that happen.
virginiamama71
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope you can both get together atleast once a year.

deedee3849
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:29 PM
I agree..my friend may move too and I'm dreading it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)