Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Controlling the bath toy chaos...

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:36 AM
  • 75 Replies
So we ended up doing a pretty thorough house cleaning last week, intending to have guests in and out all weekend. It always feels really good to declutter and bring my house up to its best, but this time around I got hung up on the bathroom.

Our bathroom is small to begin with, and lately my son has been enjoying bath toys that are on the larger side. They don't quite tuck neatly under his stool anymore, and I don't want to balance everything on the edge of the tub. I need some better ideas!

How do (or did) you deal with the clutter created by kids' bath toys?
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PeachQuean
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I hung an extra curtain rod for a shower at the back of the tub , but up high like the other one, and used plastic rungs and a basket with.holes in it to.drip.down in to the tub.....saw it on pinterest.

Works perfectly
Jessy613
by Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:40 AM

I use a net to put all of the toys in after the kids are finished with baths. It works out really well.

PeachQuean
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:41 AM
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Like these pics.....not mine but similar to what I did.
michiganmom116
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM

I put everything in an ice cream bucket and stuck them in the corner by the toilet.  They stayed out of the way.

mom2jessnky
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:10 AM

I used to put them in a basket in the bath tub to drain, if they were dry the basket could be moved to under the bathroom sink.  My kids don't take toys into the tub anymore, so it hasn't come up in awhile. If I had a guest that was offended by bath toys they could just use my shower.

slw123
by Shawna on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:21 AM
I like these ideas.
chicken13
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:24 AM

I used to use a net that I hung off the shower rod on the inside of the curtain.  

Some of those Pinterest ideas are awesome.  Wish they had Pinterest back then!!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:43 AM
What kind of net? Where do you store it?

Quoting Jessy613:

I use a net to put all of the toys in after the kids are finished with baths. It works out really well.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:45 AM

I am going to get them all out and thrown away and start fresh...honestly these toys should have gone into a basket or something, but I never got around to getting one...now I fear the health risk and mold build up on the inside where no one can see it.

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:46 AM
I like this idea. I wonder if I could make it work in my tub... It's nice because it wouldn't add yet another storage container in an already crowded bathroom. Thanks!

Quoting PeachQuean:

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Like these pics.....not mine but similar to what I did.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)