Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The generosity of people can be amazing!

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:58 AM
  • 80 Replies
15 moms liked this

So in March of this year, my cars engine blew. It was going to be a $2,000 fix, and that wasn't something we could afford, so we got rid of the car, and I have been carless since then. It's been ROUGH. Rough on me, and especially rough on the kids since they've been home from school. We don't live in an area where we can walk to anything, so we've been homebound unless DH is home and we can all go somewhere. We were planning on financing a car at the end of this month, which neither DH nor I were looking forward to. It was going to be rough on our budget, but I need to be able to get around, so we were going to bite the bullet and do it anyway.

But! DH was talking to his boss on Wednesday night (he works for a small, family owned company), and told them that we only have his truck (it somehow came up in conversation) right now, and they offered him their minivan. He told me he had a surprise for me, and when he got home and showed me the van and told me what happened, I burst into tears. I don't think I stopped crying for 10 minutes. It needs a little TLC and an inspection, but it's nothing major. We can use the money we were saving for a new car to fix this one, and it's FREE. The best part? It's a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan with the captains chairs, leather seats (yay for no kid stains), and a DVD system. 

We've had a rough year, financially, and we're only now starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and this family is just giving us exactly what we needed. Even our own families aren't that generous. They told DH that because of how hard he works for them and how great of an employee he is, they don't want money for it, they just want to give it to us. I'm still so blown away by their kindness, so I just wanted to share. :-)

by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juniper53098
by June on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

WOW!!!  You don't see that very often, anymore.

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:06 AM

that is AWESOME.

mrsbrand
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:06 AM
That is amazing! Congrats to you guys, and kudos to your DHs awesome boss!
bcauseimthemom
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I love when things like this happen to good people.... Enjoy your freedom...LOL.... Enjoy your summer...

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:09 AM

That's awesome.

sissyboogs
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:09 AM
That's wonderful! Enjoy your summer =)
chicken13
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this

Bake them cookies.  Like every week for a year....

seriously.

Beachdeprived
by on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Just when you think there is no hope...something wonderful like this happens!! That is great!! It's amazing how people pay it forward...and maybe one day you'll be in a position to do something too. There really are great people in the world! So very happy for you.

rockinmomto2
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:34 AM

That's a fantastic idea! I was thinking about what I could do for them, and that's perfect. Thank you!

Quoting chicken13:

Bake them cookies.  Like every week for a year....

seriously.

rockinmomto2
by Member on Jul. 11, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! Good things haven't happened to us in the past, so this was really unexpected. I'm hoping that this means our future is looking up too.

Quoting Beachdeprived:

Just when you think there is no hope...something wonderful like this happens!! That is great!! It's amazing how people pay it forward...and maybe one day you'll be in a position to do something too. There really are great people in the world! So very happy for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)