Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fashionista-frugalista

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:53 AM
  • 64 Replies
1 mom liked this
Another post in another group got me thinking. I love clothes. Well, clothes, handbags and shoes, but I have a hard time paying full price for the brands I like. I think it is ludacrist to spend $50 for a T-shirt, $150 for a blouse or $350 for boots. Because of this, I have learned to shop clearance and consignment. It helps to have an upscale consignment shop in my area. I have made some great finds recently...

Michael Kors Shearling boots originally $350, on clearance now for $157 and I got them for $37 on eBay.

International Concepts jeans originally $89 each. I got them on clearance, 3 pairs for a total of $75 at Macys.

Michael Kors tote originally $98. I got for $29 on eBay.

White House Black Market shoes originally $125. I got consignment shop for $25.

Ds scored a pair of Gucci sungrasses from the consignment shop for $50!

Best of all...I also sell at the consignment shop so I can spend what I make there.

Have you had any great finds lately? Do you shop consignment shops and or eBay?
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:13 AM

We have a nice consignment shop here too. I buy LOTS of stuff from there. Name brand clothes, purses, boots, jewelry. They even have one for kids right next door!

Robin-Christine
by Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:16 AM

I do not know of any consignment shops nearby however our local Savers and Goodwill is a treasure. Shopping  in stores I am not a  brand name snob however when I hit a consignment shop,Goodwill or Savers I am a bit of a snob esp at Goodwill b/c despite the brand name the price is the same on all same kind items

virginiamama71
by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:22 AM

We have 2 consignment shops in the area. I do not go as often as I use to.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jul. 12, 2014 at 9:40 AM
I'm not a name brand snob but there are certain brands I like. I love the look of Kors clothing. The quality is great also. I have always been picky about my jeans. Because I have long legs it is hard to find jeans to fit.

I use to buy my purses at JC Penny but they only lasted a season. Kors and even Coach last forever and have life time warranty. I can also resell at a good price.

Quoting Robin-Christine:

I do not know of any consignment shops nearby however our local Savers and Goodwill is a treasure. Shopping  in stores I am not a  brand name snob however when I hit a consignment shop,Goodwill or Savers I am a bit of a snob esp at Goodwill b/c despite the brand name the price is the same on all same kind items

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:17 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 12, 2014 at 10:01 AM

You did great :)

elasmimi
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 10:18 AM

I shop consignment shops, but have better luck with consignment sales, the kind that only last for a week or two. That's where I sell, too.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jul. 12, 2014 at 10:34 AM

That's cool....I don't know any brand names so I just buy what I like....My daughter's mother in law had 3 sons and so she introduced my daughter to brand name clothes...She thinks it's fun to spoil her......

egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 10:36 AM
Great deals. I hate spending a lot on clothes for me. I'm so cheap when it comes to my own clothes and I have come to love thrift stores and the clearance section.
Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM
I love thrifting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 12, 2014 at 10:43 AM

Great deals!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)