Group Home

Today I'm a definitely thankful for my husband

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 2:30 PM
  • 68 Replies
1 mom liked this
Hubs is at camp with ds9, it's Webelos resident camp, hubs is a leader for a different den but because I have to work he went to camp as one of the chaperones. I'm disappointed I couldn't go, but I'm realizing how much I need him around here. Our bed frame broke overnight, (he lost the actual hardware and bought replacements that don't work that well.) Anyways I've been fiddling with this stupid bed for 40 minutes and can't get it to line up right. My arms are so tired of trying to hold up the box springs and tighten the pieces with one hand. Wednesday night can't get here fast enough!!!

Anyone else realize the little things your thankful your husband/ so does?
Mine also takes out the trash, I'm dreading that :/
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 2:32 PM

A lot my dh works so I can stay home with the kids and takes care of us all , he is a great provider and a wonderful father to the kids he spends a lot of time with the boys and they love him to bits as do I ! 

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Oh man that really sucks :/
fraujones
by Amanda on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:05 PM

Aw, that's rough. It is a lot more work when he has to go away. I got a flat once, and I don't know how to change a tire :(

Beachdeprived
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Well, I was just talking to my DH. He's at work as am I and he informs me he had a call this morning to respond to a minor car accident and this 32 year old girl wearing her little spandex outfit who was bumper tapped was hitting on him and asking for his phone number. Hello badge bunny...do you NOT see his wedding ring?  He told her he was "happily married." I'm guess he really did say that because he probably feared for his life if I found out otherwise.  (my DH is 47 so 32 is a young one for him. Is it sad to say it's flattering that someone was hitting on my hot man! LOL) And I will admit..... the little green monster reared his ugly head for a few moments....tad jealous!
So...long story short... I'm thankful to be married to a good man! 

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 14, 2014 at 4:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Ahhh, what a sweetie! My dh gets hit on a lot, and he is clueless. It's happened several times while I'm with him and it's funny that he just think they're being friendly...well there was the one time on a plane this woman had been talking to him across the aisle, and he introduced me as his wife, and she shot daggers at me, then we were waiting for our luggage and she eased up behind him, and asked if he would help grab her luggage for her, and he jumped and said sure, and then moved to the other side of me and later told me that that time he figured it out because she rubbed her breast against his shoulder. lol

Quoting Beachdeprived:

Well, I was just talking to my DH. He's at work as am I and he informs me he had a call this morning to respond to a minor car accident and this 32 year old girl wearing her little spandex outfit who was bumper tapped was hitting on him and asking for his phone number. Hello badge bunny...do you NOT see his wedding ring?  He told her he was "happily married." I'm guess he really did say that because he probably feared for his life if I found out otherwise.  (my DH is 47 so 32 is a young one for him. Is it sad to say it's flattering that someone was hitting on my hot man! LOL) And I will admit..... the little green monster reared his ugly head for a few moments....tad jealous! So...long story short... I'm thankful to be married to a good man! 

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 14, 2014 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm thankful everytime I have a jar that won't open, or a spider that needs squashing, the car needs an oil change, or I tell him I don't feel like cooking, cause I know he'll suggest we go out to eat. There are so many things he does that I don't want to do, like dealing with the car insurance or paying bills. He's detail orientated and numbers are a pleasure for him. I did it all when I ran a business and then became a widow with two kids to raise on my own. I know how to do it all from taking out the garbage to repairing a stuck toilet or dripping faucet to changing a flat tire, but now I don't have to do those things, because he enjoys doing them. I'm very thankful for him.   

PinkButterfly66
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 5:10 PM

You could probably go to a mattress place and buy just a standard bed frame for probably about $75.  

Juniper53098
by June on Jul. 14, 2014 at 6:06 PM

Hope you get it fixed!

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jul. 14, 2014 at 6:06 PM

None right now

Janet
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Sickening women.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Ahhh, what a sweetie! My dh gets hit on a lot, and he is clueless. It's happened several times while I'm with him and it's funny that he just think they're being friendly...well there was the one time on a plane this woman had been talking to him across the aisle, and he introduced me as his wife, and she shot daggers at me, then we were waiting for our luggage and she eased up behind him, and asked if he would help grab her luggage for her, and he jumped and said sure, and then moved to the other side of me and later told me that that time he figured it out because she rubbed her breast against his shoulder. lol

Quoting Beachdeprived:

Well, I was just talking to my DH. He's at work as am I and he informs me he had a call this morning to respond to a minor car accident and this 32 year old girl wearing her little spandex outfit who was bumper tapped was hitting on him and asking for his phone number. Hello badge bunny...do you NOT see his wedding ring?  He told her he was "happily married." I'm guess he really did say that because he probably feared for his life if I found out otherwise.  (my DH is 47 so 32 is a young one for him. Is it sad to say it's flattering that someone was hitting on my hot man! LOL) And I will admit..... the little green monster reared his ugly head for a few moments....tad jealous! So...long story short... I'm thankful to be married to a good man! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Owner:
Most “Liked” Moms in This Group
Last 24 Hours
Last 7 Days
Last 30 Days
  1. hugss
  2. TheJerseyGirl
  3. sunshinepraying
  4. deccaf
  5. SweetLuci
  6. mrswillie