Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for Georgia Moms...

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Amy
  • 14 Replies

We are vacationing in Jekyll Island this fall.  Anyone know of some museums or other attractions near there that we should see?

by on Jul. 15, 2014 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amyjane22
by Amy on Jul. 15, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Bumpity Bump Bump!

Juniper53098
by June on Jul. 15, 2014 at 4:20 PM

I'm not from that area.....

lasombrs
by Sara on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:24 PM

bump for you i dont know the area

AmandH0611
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Idk but I know the military does couple's retreats there and everyone loves it
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:37 PM

There's a Sea Turtle Center, fishing, Dolphin tours and other boat cruises. There's a water park. Beaches and water sports are the main thing though. It's nice in fall, it won't be as busy as summer.

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:58 PM
I haven't been there
NeonGirl9583
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:59 PM
I'm from northwest Georgia. Here's a bump for you.
amyjane22
by Amy on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:21 PM

What is at the Sea Turtle Center? When we went back around 2005 or so, it was under renovation or closed or something.  

I'd love to take my 7 year old for a dolphin cruise!  He'd love it!

We really like going in the fall.  It's so much nicer and with us homeschooling, our schedule allows it :)

Thanks so much for the tips! 

Quoting SweetLuci:

There's a Sea Turtle Center, fishing, Dolphin tours and other boat cruises. There's a water park. Beaches and water sports are the main thing though. It's nice in fall, it won't be as busy as summer.

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:52 PM

There's a turtle hospital where you can see the turtles and learn about the injuries that brought them to the center. There's also an interactive game, similar to the "Frogger" video game, and the boys loved it.There's a section of the center that consists of pools that house large and small turtles. You can also take a beach walk at night to see turtle nests and maybe see one laying eggs.

Quoting amyjane22:

What is at the Sea Turtle Center? When we went back around 2005 or so, it was under renovation or closed or something.  

We really like going in the fall.  It's so much nicer and with us homeschooling, our schedule allows it :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

amyjane22
by Amy on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:59 PM

That sounds awesome!  My oldest is absolutely crazy about learning about animals.  He would love all those things!

Quoting SweetLuci:

There's a turtle hospital where you can see the turtles and learn about the injuries that brought them to the center. There's also an interactive game, similar to the "Frogger" video game, and the boys loved it.There's a section of the center that consists of pools that house large and small turtles. You can also take a beach walk at night to see turtle nests and maybe see one laying eggs.

Quoting amyjane22:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN