Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your child have a TV in their room?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:28 AM
  • 124 Replies
1 mom liked this

Why or why not? What is too young to have a TV in a chld's room. Do you let them watch it until they fall asleep?

I'm a little old school and I like the idea of only having one television in the house to help monitor what my children are watching and bring the family together. 

by on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

No because I don't think they need one.

chicken13
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Dd has a tv.  It's been in there since she was 5.

theres no tv (at all) on school nights.  And when she was younger, she had access to only specific channels.

deccaf
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:45 AM

She has had a TV since she was tiny.  I would use it when I had to get up for midnight feeding and rocking.  Since she got used to falling asleep in our room with the TV on (cosleeper by the bed, I would stay in there with her and watch TV), it used to help her fall asleep with the sound on low.  Now she is allowed 1/2 hour of Stephanie shows in bed then TV off and to sleep (usually ends up in our room after TV is off)

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:46 AM

My son has a tv in his room but it only plays dvd's. We probably use it a handful of times a year. My son is not and has never been a huge tv watcher and my husband and I really aren't either.

vbway
by Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 10:49 AM

My girls have one but they only watch on the weekends. The only thing they can watch are their dvd's so I don't worry about them watching something that they aren't supposed to. They don't really like to watch to much t.v.  They watch maybe one movie a week, sometimes only one movie every other week. When they do watch t.v, they like to turn it into movie night. They cuddle with the dogs and eat popcorn. 

Angela4boys
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 11:19 AM
Yes, they play video games in there. If they want to use it to fall asleep that's fine too.
arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 11:20 AM
We have one TV in the house located in the family room.
momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jul. 16, 2014 at 11:38 AM

No. I dont want them stuck in their rooms all day

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2014 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Absolutely not!  THey don't need to have televisions!

aj23
by Amanda on Jul. 16, 2014 at 12:24 PM

He has one in his room but never uses it. It has the game systems hooked up to it, a dvd player and vcr. My niece uses it often when she's here and he will play games when some friends are over but thats about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN