Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chicken Patties

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:00 PM
  • 18 Replies

both my kids said i dont want that after i made them for them , do your kids do this to you when you make dinner

by on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:02 PM
No but they are older. They try it and sometimes don't like it but they will try. We actually had homemade chicken patties tonight and the youngest gobbled it up. The last time I made these he didn't like them
taKENheart
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:53 PM

Not when they were young.  Not even so much as they got older but I did make dinner exceptions .  For example, my dd won't eat any seafood so on seafood night I simply cooked her a chicken breast and she'd have the same sides.

momkaribg
by Kari on Jul. 17, 2014 at 9:58 PM
How do you make them homemade?

Quoting MamaJane: No but they are older. They try it and sometimes don't like it but they will try. We actually had homemade chicken patties tonight and the youngest gobbled it up. The last time I made these he didn't like them
SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 17, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Depending on their age, but they were required to try something, and their dad instituted a rule that anyone who refused to try or complained about dinner got to prepare the next dinner. That was after he gave them a quiet talk about respecting their mother and all the work she did for them by cooking dinner. (Yay me!) As long as they made an attempt, they could make themselves a peanut butter sandwich, but they usually just filled up on side dishes.

melliburger
by Melli on Jul. 18, 2014 at 1:52 AM

Sometimes he does.

lyrick24
by Platinum Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 2:00 AM

I usually just fix what I know they will eat.

bhwrn1
by on Jul. 18, 2014 at 5:34 AM

all the time! My LO does. My two older kis are smart enough not to say anything and just eat!

MamaJane
by Jane:) on Jul. 18, 2014 at 6:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I did something similar. On chili night I'd make the spaghetti noodles separate(Tom eats noodles in his) an then just heat up a spaghetti sauce (I always have some made in the freezer). She would have noodles and sauce since she doesn't like chili.

Quoting taKENheart:

Not when they were young.  Not even so much as they got older but I did make dinner exceptions .  For example, my dd won't eat any seafood so on seafood night I simply cooked her a chicken breast and she'd have the same sides.

BeachLifeMama
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 6:49 AM
So far no.
michiganmom116
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2014 at 6:57 AM

Sometimes they'll do it, and they're welcome to find something else to eat as long as I'm not cooking it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)