Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Asking everyone to pray please! (long but please please read)

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:13 AM
  • 91 Replies
My family needs as many prayers/positive thoughts whatever it is you do. My Papaw has had a lot of health issues lately. Just recently he got diagnosed with colon cancer. They were able to get that removed with surgery and was gonna do some other surgery for some other things. But sadly they didn't make it to get to help him any more.

Last Saturday evening, July 12, my Papaw just went quiet. I was told one minute he was ok and the next he was just standing up with his eyes closed slurring his words. My Grammy checked his sugar levels (he's also diabetic) and they were in the 260s. So they called and ambulance and he's been in the hospital ever since.

The hospital ran a lot of tests and the next morning we all found out he had a stroke. Some days he responds and some days he refuses (we are hoping that's because he just wants them to leave him alone). He can not talk at all... He tries but can't.

I was finally, thankfully, able to see him tonight. He squeezed my hand (only has use of his right side) and would shake his hand when I asked him a question. It broke my heart to see him like that and it breaks my heart that I'm typing this. At one point my mom went and talked to his night nurse and he used as much strength as he could to open his eyes and look at me. He did everything he could to do that.

My grammy is having a hard time dealing with this (and everything else that's been going on with my family..but that's all a different story). I wish and pray I could be down there to help her and it breaks my heart that I can't be.

My Papaw has been in the hospital for a week now and we are not sure at all how things will turn out. So please please pray that he gets better. I told him he needs to get better and come home to his family and he shook his head yes. My family needs all the prayers we can get. Please!!!!

If you read all this I thank you from the bottom of my heart. My family needs this. I am so heartbroken. :(
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lonelymoon
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:20 AM
Awww, I'm so sorry! We are paying for your family. I hope everything is okay. With everything that has been going on too! (((Hugs)))
Robin-Christine
by Member on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:24 AM

hugs and prayers

cemcnair
by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Hugs!!
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:31 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:27 AM

Aww sorry to hear this,
Hugs & prayers sent :)

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:28 AM
Thank you so much. <3

Quoting lonelymoon: Awww, I'm so sorry! We are paying for your family. I hope everything is okay. With everything that has been going on too! (((Hugs)))
proudmommy690
Thank you so much

Quoting Robin-Christine:

hugs and prayers

proudmommy690
Thank you so much

Quoting cemcnair: Hugs!!
proudmommy690
by Christa on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:30 AM
Thank you so much. It was so heard to even get it out. It was so hard to see him. I didn't even recognize him at first. :(

Quoting hugss:

Aww sorry to hear this,Hugs & prayers sent :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:31 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:31 AM

Aww . .big hugs to you hon :)

Quoting proudmommy690: Thank you so much. It was so heard to even get it out. It was so hard to see him. I didn't even recognize him at first. :(
Quoting hugss:

Aww sorry to hear this,Hugs & prayers sent :)

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jul. 20, 2014 at 12:32 AM

Lots of hugs coming your way!! Prayers too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)