Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever taken your child to the ER?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:44 AM
  • 184 Replies

What for?

simple frown We had to take DD, she had a slight case of pneumonia.

by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:02 AM
Ds got stabbed with a pencil, at school.

Other Ds jumped down steps on roller blades and broke his arm.
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Hope she feels better soon.
ornene2626
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:06 AM
Lol I'm there right now my son has a fever of 103.9 and cant keep anything down so we're waiting .
Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:07 AM
Last time was in 2013 when youngest was playing tag in cleats and busted his leg on a cement bridge thing. Before that was 2012 when youngest was playing football with some kids and another kid tackled him by jumping right on his ankle and broke it.
oliveoil423
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:33 AM
It was n December my daughter hit her head wrong on the corner of the coffee table for throwing a fit cause i took a toy away didnt realize it till i picked her up and i looked at her and saw blood coming out of her head. I was freaking out my husband grabbed her from me holding her back so it wouldnt run down her face. So my mom went with my husband and i to the ER. Didnt put her in the car seat and gad her buckled up with me when we got there it took us three freaking hours to get into a room to see a dang doctor. The blood had stopped when we got there but i still wanted then to check her out. But it took another hour till the doctor got to us and we all walked out.

Then this febuary we went rainbow babys emergency room in cleveland for a fractured leg. My parents went with my husband and i. So my daughter had to get a splint on her left leg. She was freaking out cause she couldnt walk on her leg. Took her two days to get the hang of the heavy splint. Then the ortho took the it off in in a week and just wrapped her leg up and before her next appointment we had in apirl we took the wrap off and she was walking around great no crying bloody murder etc.

My daughter is my lil champion when she gets hurt.
Stevensmomma
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Yes when he fell and hit his head and needed stitches when he was two

SweetLuci
by Luci on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Never had to with my two boys, then on vacation last year, 13 year old dgd swallowed an earring-with a metal post. It was scary for awhile as they kept taking xrays to make sure it was moving along and not puncturing the intestines. Everything came out in the end, a few days later. lol

bmw29
by Bobbie on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Ds is 13 and he's never been to the ER. Thank goodness and knock on wood.
my4kidsrock2
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:50 AM

My oldest has been too many times. Usually for asthma or allergy related stuff but also for broken bones. He's always injuring something.

I've taken my 17 year old daughter once when she cut her hand and we couldn't get the bleeding to stop.

My 15 year old son has never been to the ER, only urgent care.

My 6 year old has been once when she fell off of the table and hit her head and started throwing up. She had a mild concussion. And once when she started complaining of chest pains. She had a weird spot on her lung and no one knew what it was. It went away after a couple of weeks but no one has ever been able to tell us what it was or where it came from.

NeonGirl9583
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:52 AM
Too many times. Last time was a few weeks ago when Ds chest was hurting, and urgent care was closed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN