Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kid on a leash....

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:44 AM
  • 35 Replies

I can't get over this poor kid I saw this weekend.

I was flea marketing with my sister and she points out this child in front of us a few yards. "Look he is on a leash!"

And he was. Not one of those leashes you normally see for kids with a harness....

This was a metal chain like dog leash clipped to his belt loop! I was a little surprised.

Would you be? Am I getting old. I would never have put a leash on my kid, I would have just held his hand.

by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SpiritedWitch
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:52 AM
3 moms liked this

I would rather have my kid on a leash than on a slab in the morgue. Anything can happen at any time, especially in a large crowd. 

jenns1987
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 11:56 AM
, I have never put my daughter on a leash. And disagree with them. And she is 5 and still alive. Because I dealt with her and she knows how to act in public :) I just dont think children should be treated like animals
egyptian_mommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:00 PM
4 moms liked this
Holding a kid's hand is great but it doesn't always work. A harness allows the kid a little freedom while maintaining safety. Also, I have a different point of view on this. My son had a monkey backpack type harness. He loved it and would put it on himself. It made HIM feel more secure. At 6 he doesn't use it in public anymore. But he still has it at home and will still put it on sometimes.
virginiamama71
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:03 PM

I would never use one and if I felt like I could not control my child in a crowd I would not take him.

lwalker270
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I never used one, but I have no problem with people who do use harnesses.  Things can happen in a split second.  To me, it's no different than putting your kid in a cart or stroller.  At least with a harness, they are walking and have some freedom of movement.

DACIA79
by Bronze Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:07 PM
I used them for my oldest son and even if I didn't. I wouldn't judge
suziejax
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:42 PM

O yes I have had kid leashes on my kids when they were young. I had to have it! It kept them safe. 

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Never used one 

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:32 PM

I am fine with the toddler leashes especially if a kid is bad about taking off. I used them ccasionally for my kids when they were little when they didn't want to stay in the stroller and were not good about holding hands yet

ceciliam
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 1:39 PM

I never used one with my son and that's all I will say. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN