Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really? You think it works that way? NOT!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:25 AM
  • 12 Replies

For the first 12 years of ds's life bio father was in and out of it. He has about 4-5 dwi/dui so he was in and out of jail. We always met in a public place for child exchange for my safety because he gets violent sometimes. When ds was about 7 ex came to my house, spit on my husband then punched him in front of all our kids. He spent time in jail for that. When ds was about 11 ex took him in a car, drunk. He lost control and the car went up an embankment. I was finally able to get supervised visitation. Ex didn't like it and about 8 months later took me back to court for contempt. I proved he was lieing and the judge ordered him to pay for my lawyer since he lied. At that time ds was 12 or 13 and ex walked out of his life. He said he was done.

When Ds was 16 ds tried to call ex. Ex's mother (Ds grandmom) basically cussed ds out and said ex didn't have anything to say to him.

Ds is now 18, graduated, working and getting ready to start college. He bought his own car, pays for his insurance, gas and cell phone. He is changing his last name to mine and my husband's since dh has raised him for the past 13 years.

Ex wrote ds on Facebook yesterday morning! He wants a relationship with ds! He says if ds doesn't talk to him he will never understand what happen between them.

Do I need to spell it out for you asshole? You jeopardized his life taking him drinking and driving, called him and I a liar in court, beat ds's "dad" up in front of him then walked out of his life. You weren't there when he was being bullied by the bus driver, when we faught the school board and won, when he came out as gay, learned to drive, made honor roll, got his first job, bought his first car, lettered all 4 high school years and graduated! It's a little too late looser!
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:41 AM

My oldest dd's sperm donor isnt really in her life either. Yet for some other girl thats not even his he says he will always be there for her and he loves her. My dd says it doesnt bother her asnymore b/c she is used to. How sad is that! He was never there for her growing up yet wouldnt sign  over his rights orpay child support until I took his butt to court

momofsixangels
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:41 AM

Im so sorry your ds went through all that growing up. Does he want to see him now?

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:50 AM
Nope. Ds wrote back basically saying too late he has a "dad".

Ds has also said for years it doesn't bother him. I actually think it was easier on Ds when ex finally dropped out all the way rather than being in and out of hi life.

Quoting momofsixangels:

Im so sorry your ds went through all that growing up. Does he want to see him now?

IncognitoOne
by Angela on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:04 AM

I hope your DS doesn't respond

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this
He responded basically saying too late.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

I hope your DS doesn't respond

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:31 AM

I'm so sorry....that doesnt sound fun to deal with at all!

Beachdeprived
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Well... the light at the end of the tunnel here is that you have raised a good son and your son knows that and appreciates you and your DH. I think that is awesome he decided to take your and your DH's last name. It shows what strong character he has and surely he will raise his kids with all the love they deserve and will never be like his bio dad! Although it does suck that you and your DS had to deal with all this over the years, the big picture here is that you prevailed and overcame all of it!! Your ex is definetely the loser here!

lil_mama06
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:47 AM

WOW....That's nuts....HUGS HUGS HUGS

Amberleigh81
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:50 AM
Your son sounds like a wonderful young man. I'm glad he realizes that sperm doesn't make a "dad".
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:08 AM
He is. Thank you. The only reason we held off on the name change once he turned 18 is because it is expensive to change his passport. We will do it after his next cruise this Fall.

Quoting Amberleigh81: Your son sounds like a wonderful young man. I'm glad he realizes that sperm doesn't make a "dad".
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)