Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Annnnnnd it's outta here!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:51 AM
  • 24 Replies

Before we moved-we had FIL's old couch-it was old-had 2 large ass dents (one for each cushion) and smelled.

So when we preparing to move out of the old house-I told DH I refuse to take it with me. We needed something better.

Well he was talking with our neighbors across the street-her mother recently died (at 98!) and they were renovating her house-if we wanted her couches-we could have them.

There was a couch and love seat seat-cream with rose colored pillows....quite lovely and then there was a blue and creamy yellow plaid couch-we took all 3.

The plaid couch is the kids' couch. It's now an eyesore. Just from general use-the back cushions have ripped off and can't be fixed-the bottom cushions are now beyond repair.

It was an eyesore-and I wanted it gone.

So I tossed that damn thing right out the front door.

Hope the garbage men don't mind that fresh baby powder smell (DD dumped the whole bottle all over herself while laying on the couch.)

But it's gone-I'm happy-Getting ready to clean up a lot of powder lol and rearrange this living room.

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IncognitoOne
by Angela on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:56 AM

LOL....Fun stuff :)

We bought a sectional last month. We brought it home, got one old couch out the door, and barely got all three pieces of the sectional in the door...I was stuck outside and the screen door wouldn't even close, when it started raining. I had to stand out in the rain until DH got them unwrapped and put together and then we sat the loveseat out.

Then we had couches in our front yard for 3 days because of it raining....I wasn't getting out there to remove them, lol.

momofsixangels
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:57 AM

Yay!! That was nice they gave you the couches. 

Tigress22304
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:22 AM

LOL dude 2 yrs back my uncle passed-my mom got his living room furniture....her back deck was covered with 2 couches/loveseat and a kitchen table for a full week because it was downpouring nonstop and my dad couldn't take it away.

and it took them a few hours (they finally just took out the back sliding glass doors) to get both of his chairs in. They look like a recliner-but they're 3-4ft wide and 7 ft LONG and it was impossible for them to get both chairs in.

Quoting IncognitoOne:

LOL....Fun stuff :)

We bought a sectional last month. We brought it home, got one old couch out the door, and barely got all three pieces of the sectional in the door...I was stuck outside and the screen door wouldn't even close, when it started raining. I had to stand out in the rain until DH got them unwrapped and put together and then we sat the loveseat out.

Then we had couches in our front yard for 3 days because of it raining....I wasn't getting out there to remove them, lol.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:30 AM

Good riddance to grandpa's couch!LOL!

lil_mama06
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:43 AM

That's great that you scored some couches...They sound really pretty...

Tigress22304
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Amen! That couch is lONG gone....FIL seriously dented that couch with his overweight wide butt-and the smell was rancid as death. We steamed it and sprayed it and tried so much to remove the smell-but he had that couch for a few years-constantly sitting on it-ugh gag me

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Good riddance to grandpa's couch!LOL!

Tigress22304
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:51 AM

They really are gorgeous-and way easier to clean vs the plaid couch. They each came with 6 little throw pillows-the kids loved the couches-they match my living room nicely lol.

Quoting lil_mama06:

lil_mama06
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:55 AM

They match, that's a BONUS....

Quoting Tigress22304:

They really are gorgeous-and way easier to clean vs the plaid couch. They each came with 6 little throw pillows-the kids loved the couches-they match my living room nicely lol.

Quoting lil_mama06:

Tigress22304
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 8:58 AM

yeah it's a set-they were covered when the neighbors put them curbside-Phil grabbed them-they were practically BRAND NEW-the lady said her mom only had them a few weeks before she passed

Quoting lil_mama06:

They match, that's a BONUS....

Quoting Tigress22304:

Quoting lil_mama06:

momkaribg
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)