Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is your name "normal" or "unique"?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM
  • 60 Replies

And did your mom or dad have more say?

I have a "unique" name.  As in I only know one other person with the name and that is the person I was named after.  My mom had more say, and it was her friend I was named after.

Visit Investors!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofamamasboy
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:02 AM
Normal name. My mom named me something different than what they had picked out together.
mom2jessnky
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Normal name. My parents agreed on it I assume. All of my siblings have normal names too, only one is common, the rest are uncommon, but perfectly normal names.

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM

I have a normal name...And my mom picked it out...

deccaf
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM

How did your dad feel about her changing it up?

Quoting momofamamasboy: Normal name. My mom named me something different than what they had picked out together.

Visit Investors!

deccaf
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:09 AM

Only one of my siblings has a "normal" name.  The rest are unique.  And one became a trend after my little sister was born, but none are spelled her way.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Normal name. My parents agreed on it I assume. All of my siblings have normal names too, only one is common, the rest are uncommon, but perfectly normal names.

Visit Investors!

Whereismymind
by Amanda on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Very normal,lol :)
All my kids have traditional/normal names too
mom2jessnky
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:13 AM

One of my siblings has a more unique name, because her name is typically a nickname for something else. It's still a perfectly normal name though. Only one has a common name, the rest are traditional, but not widely used. Although my little brother's name became a girls name at some point, that's mildly amusing to me.

Quoting deccaf:

Only one of my siblings has a "normal" name.  The rest are unique.  And one became a trend after my little sister was born, but none are spelled her way.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:13 AM
My name is Jennifer. It was the number one girl name the year I was born. Lol! Not unique. I love it though!
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Add: all of my siblings have normal names too...

Emily, Matt, Elizabeth, Alexandra, Emily (yes, again), Natalie, Reginald (kinda unique but not historically so) and Victoria.
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM

as i'm named after my mom's paternal grandma i'll take a stab & say my mom had more say in my name.  while it's not the most common name it definitely isn't a unique name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)