Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

she is so cool!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:10 AM
  • 7 Replies

just when i think i won't be able to survive the pre-teen years with my daughter something happens to make me remember just how good of a kid she is!

yesterday we had went to the store to do some clothes shopping.  it was a disaster because she was wandering off with my husband looking at things that weren't what she needed.  i got frustrated & left to go to the store next door to finish up school supply shopping.  while there we saw a kid that was in my daughter's class part time last year. 

our school has several special needs classes & last year my daughter helped out in many of them.  she voluntarily gave up her morning free time & recess to help out in the classes.  there was one boy that was going to be moving onto 6th grade this year & he spent time with my daughter's class last year because of my daughter.  when it was time to start "mainstreaming" him they choose my daughter's class because she had been helping out in his class & he was comfortable with her.  he's never been one to acknowledge people, not one for talking.  yesterday when i said hi to him he just looked over my shoulder to my daughter.  i asked if he remembered her & he said "yes, she's so cool!".  that's the most i've ever heard him talk.  usually it's a simple hi, no, yes, etc.  his mom got a big smile on her face when he said that.  as did my daughter.

i know she drives me nuts 97.8% of the time now but it's moments like that that make me so proud to be her mom!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Whereismymind
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM
That is so wonderful :) you should be proud!
lil_mama06
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Aww, that's nice....

Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:11 AM
That made my heart smile and I'm not even her mom! :)
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:14 AM

aww!  you're sweet!

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny: That made my heart smile and I'm not even her mom! :)

Madelaine
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Very nice!!

deccaf
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Good job, mama!

othermom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:22 AM

That is wonderful!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)