Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Still putting stuff in their mouth?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:52 PM
  • 18 Replies

How old were your kids when they stopped putting random things in their mouths?

I am a little concerned for my almost five year old...he still puts random things in his mouth...like today he bit down on a glow stick so hard it broke open...I had to call poision control and thankfully it wasnt poisonous. 

He also licked a Gain Pod for laundry once....he ate a piece of soap about a week ago.. 

Is something wrong with him? :(

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofnatalie
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this

My 4 yr old was chewing a berry she saw hanging from a tree.  She freaked me out, thank goodness poison control said one berry wouldn't do much.  She also licked a tree trunk.  She has gotten better than when she was younger, I'm hoping she will have great judgement by 6.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:10 AM
1 mom liked this
This makes me feel so much better! Thank you!

Quoting momofnatalie:

My 4 yr old was chewing a berry she saw hanging from a tree.  She freaked me out, thank goodness poison control said one berry wouldn't do much.  She also licked a tree trunk.  She has gotten better than when she was younger, I'm hoping she will have great judgement by 6.

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jul. 24, 2014 at 12:10 AM
This makes me feel so much better! Thank you!

Quoting momofnatalie:

Jerichos_Mommy
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Just last night I caught my almost 8 year old rolling a magnent around in his mouth. My almost 4 year old still puts everything in his mouth. I am constantly saying if it is not food or a toothbrush it does not belong in your mouth.
momofsixangels
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont think they ever stop. My 15 year old chews on water bottle caps. I cant get her to stop

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:46 PM

Thanks ladies ! I was getting a bit worried. :)

proudmommy690
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My middle is almost 5 (next month) and I still catch her putting crap in her mouth. -_-
Tigress22304
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

you're not alone lol

my sd13 chews on various weird things...so does DD10

lil_mama06
by on Jul. 24, 2014 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope it gets better for you...My 17 year old still puts pens in her mouth...Drives me NUTS....

Apr1l
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
My son is 5 and still does it sigh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)