Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas in July: Share with us your favorite...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:30 PM
  • 9 Replies

Cookie recipe!

baking

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ceciliam
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 6:32 PM

Cookie press cookies (Whipped Shortbread)

These are my favorite cookies to make this time of year!

Whipped Shortbread

1 pound butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
pinch salt
1/2 cup cornstarch
3 cups all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350 F. Cream together butter, icing sugar, vanilla and salt. Gradually add cornstarch and flour. Whip with an electric mixer until fluffy. Place into a cookie press and press out cookies on cool baking sheet. Decorate with candied cherries or dragees if desired. Bake 12-15 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet, then remove to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:05 PM

can't get to my recipes now but some of my favorite holiday cookies are pecan tassels & snowballs.

ceciliam
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:19 PM

They both sound good. Are the snowballs the ones that kind of melt in your mouth and are coated with powdered sugar?

Quoting lizzig:

can't get to my recipes now but some of my favorite holiday cookies are pecan tassels & snowballs.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:20 PM

but of course! ;o)

Quoting ceciliam:

They both sound good. Are the snowballs the ones that kind of melt in your mouth and are coated with powdered sugar?

Quoting lizzig:

ceciliam
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 7:49 PM

Ah yeah!! I love those!

Quoting lizzig:

but of course! ;o)

Quoting ceciliam:

Quoting lizzig:

childofgod04
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 8:59 PM

I love the cookies with the hershey kiss in the middle of them (can't think of the name right now) and of course Christmas decorated sugar cookies. I don't have any recipes though.

ceciliam
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:32 PM

Would that be considered a thumbprint cookie? I like those, too.

Quoting childofgod04:

I love the cookies with the hershey kiss in the middle of them (can't think of the name right now) and of course Christmas decorated sugar cookies. I don't have any recipes though.

brownhoney21
by Ruby Member on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:45 PM

I was looking at cook recipes today . I don't have a favorite one.

childofgod04
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Probably! I just know my mom used to make them in the holiday season. Usually with a milk chocolate kiss or a peppermint kiss.

Quoting ceciliam:

Would that be considered a thumbprint cookie? I like those, too.

Quoting childofgod04:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)