Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby on a schedule?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:31 PM
  • 3 Replies

I was having a discussion with someone over the weekend who was also a mom of twins (her twins are adults now).  She asked me if I had my twins on a schedule.  I told her that things can be so crazy here that I don't think I'd notice if they WERE on a schedule, haha!  She said that the best advice she could give to me would be to put my twins (age 4 months) on a schedule.  

I didn't tell her this, but I have NO CLUE how to put a baby on a schedule and I'm not sure I'd want to.  I just feed the babies when they're hungry, rock them when they're sleepy, and play/talk with them when I can.  So, how DO you put a baby on a schedule?  Did you have your kids on one?

by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
proudmommy690
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:42 PM
That's basically what I did. The only "schedule" was the night time bottle/bath other than that no set schedule.
amyjane22
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM

That's what I do.  They fall asleep around 8:30, usually.  My girl sleeps through the night (thankfully!) and my boy is up 2-4 times to nurse...he's a hungry baby!

Quoting proudmommy690: That's basically what I did. The only "schedule" was the night time bottle/bath other than that no set schedule.

momofnatalie
by on Jul. 25, 2014 at 10:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I think when my oldest was a baby the only schedule I had was a nap time and bed time.  If things happen, then I was flexible.  Feedings varied on demand. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)