Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vague school supply lists

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:13 AM
  • 79 Replies

the middle school my daughter will be going to this year finally posted their supply list.  i have never seen one so vaguebefore.  things like pencils, pens, loose leaf paper i get not specifying the amount.  items like notebooks & flash drives however.......  her list simple says flash drive but it doesn't say what size.  she's just starting middle school, i have no idea what classes she'll be using the flash drive in nor how much storage space she'll need.  then theirs the notebooks,one subject spiral notebooks & composition books.  but how many does she need of each?  one for every class?  the notebooks aren't an issue for us since i always stock up on spiral & composition when they are on clearance after school starts.  but i know not all parents do such & buy everything right before school starts.  how are they supposed to do their shopping without knowing how much to get?

not sure if this is a typical list for the school or if it's just vague because they are "discombobulated" this summer.  the school is being remodeled so the office staff is working at the high school & from what i saw when i dropped off my daughter's paperwork the other day they aren't very organized.

do any of your children have vague supply lists?

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:14 AM
No ours are very specific.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzig
by Ruby Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:15 AM

the elementary school list is.

Quoting lapcounter: No ours are very specific.

wandep
by Pam on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:25 AM

We always get a basic list at the end of the school year or either you can get it online. Usually it is pretty good. Then when we have school orientation 4 days before school starts the teachers will hand out another list of things they will need. It sucks!

SarahSuzyQ
by Sarah on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:28 AM

My son still doesn't have any kind of supply list, but at least we've seen the teacher's classroom wish list. :-/

chicken13
by Silver Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 9:47 AM

Haven't had that issue.  It's usually too specific...and then they end up using none of it.  Grrrr.

cemcnair
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Odd :/
qkforever
by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:32 AM

My son is going into 8th grade.  We have always gotten the basics like paper and pencils for the first day.  Then his teachers will let him know the first what exactly they need.  It makes it kind of nice not rushing around and buying things he might not even use.  

fatcat0908
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:32 AM

We don't have school supply lists thankfully. No school in our area does. 

LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:32 AM

This is my oldest's son school supply list:

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Jul. 28, 2014 at 10:34 AM

My kids get their liests 3 days before school starts and it lists exactly what they need

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)