Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone know where to look for a cool lunchbox?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:58 PM
  • 16 Replies
One that is insulated. Will fit a thermos and a few other containers. And will make a 7 year old boy proud to carry it? He's into zombies, minecraft, predator vs aliens, and little big planet. Anything like that sound familiar?

I've also looked into bento boxes. I like that they seal tight. But I'm not sure they would keep warm food warm, hence the thermos. Plus, they look a little small.

Last year I got into packing healthier food. But I never packed any hot lunches. This year I want to do better, but I would also like a lunchbox he can enjoy. If that's at all possible. All the ones I've seen that are practical are boring lol.
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I got my oldest's son lunch bag from target.

Whereismymind
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:30 PM
I agree with target !
deccaf
by Silver Member on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:35 PM
You could try amazon. They have EVERYTHING!
nowynd
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:36 PM

When dss was using a lunch box, I found one at Toys R Us.  Good selection there.

Roo1234
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 10:56 PM
My kids use soft sided 6 pack coolers. W bought solid ones and they then decorated them with patterned duct tape.
The kids love that they are unique, easily identifiable and they do s great job of keeping the lunches cool with room foot a thermos for the hot items when desired
Cukimonster
by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 11:47 PM
Thanks ladies. I was planning on looking at target this weekend. I didn't think of toys r us. And I looked and looked on amazon. The only thing I don't like about online is not knowing the size. Measurements never click for me. I would have to hold it to see if my containers will fit. Great ideas. :)
momofnatalie
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Good luck!  There are great selections everywhere now.  I got a nice one at Costco, it was pink plaid.  It came with an ice pak and a little snack box. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 12:45 AM

Target or Walmart ..

melliburger
by on Jul. 31, 2014 at 1:38 AM

I'm doing bento boxes for my son right now but he's not in school.

I would assume any store would have insulated lunch boxes,a nd themed ones. If anything else look on ebay or amazon.

BeachLifeMama
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2014 at 2:54 AM
I got dd's lunchbox from Ross last year & it was on sale. She'll be using it again this school year.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)