Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Signs from passed loved ones?

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:33 AM
  • 34 Replies

Do you believe in them?

Have you ever had any signs or messages?

How long after they passed did you get a sign? 

Please share your sign(s) with us. :)

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jukebox_Jenny
by Jenny on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:09 AM
I don't, I think we see what we want, which is great if it brings peace, but here's a bump!
campingmomof4
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 6:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I do believe in them.  My husband passed away last year.  I have had several signs from him.  Even my daughters said they felt his presents.   Yes I do believe when you are at your lowest you feel them.   Maybe it is what you want to feel and they aren't real.   Either way they make you feel better.   I do believe.

I had 2 or 3 experiences where I was looking for something of my husbands and I couldn't find them.  I asked out loud where did you put them. Right after that I found them. 

Now that it is over a year sense his passing I don't feel his presents so much.  I am also at a better place in my mind and emotions now. 

cafay
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

My Father died very close to 4 yers ago now. I always believed that he would send me a sign if he could. It took forever,but there are times when I believe he is here. One of the sweetest was at Christmas, I happened to look out the window and there was a white owl sitting in our tree. He was staring right into our window, and he stare there that way for the longest time. Somehow, I just knew from the way he stared there staring at me. I would go away and come back but he stayed in that tree looking at me.There have been other times,but I do believe. And it does comfort me, although it's also bittersweet.

lizzig
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this

i never have but my mom has from various family members.  she's had dreams of family members funerals, only to find out the next day they had passed.  when her mother died she took home some of the plants from the funeral.  one was a peace lily that bloomed year round for a few years after my grandma's passing.  one night my mom said she "felt" her mom in the bedroom watching over her while she was sleeping.  the next morning the peace lily died.  she believes that the plant blooming for so long was my grandma's way of helping her cope with the loss.  when she was ready to "move one" that is when she (my grandma) let the plant die.

mrswillie
by CeeCee on Aug. 4, 2014 at 4:37 PM
I don't know if,it was a sign,or just coincidence.

Ds 18 passed away in an auto accident. Shortly after, dh bought me a family bracelet. It is silver, each link is engraved with a members name and holds their birthstone as well. (I had never seen them before and haven't seen them being sold since). Anyway, day or two after I had it, ds's (the one that past) birthstone fell out.
SissyMacK
by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes.

My first husband was my high school sweetheart and we were married for 10 years before he had a complete mental break down in Iraq.  I had to leave him for safety reasons and it was really hard to deal with separating my feelings for him with my fear of the monster he became.  When he committed suicide a few years ago, he spent several months visiting me regularly helping me move on.  I had one of my favorite photos of him tucked into the visor of my car and one day driving down a back road it suddenly flew out.  I hit the breaks to go retrieve it and audibly heard him tell me to keep driving, it was time for him to go.  Since then he has only visited me once in a dream. 

Wish2Be
by Michelle on Aug. 4, 2014 at 5:49 PM

My Oma was in the hospital for almost a week before she passed....each day it was a miracle that she still lived. She could no longer speak to us and faded in and out of consiousness. Two days before she passed away the number 20 kept popping into my head....I didnt know what it meant...maybe she would die at 10:20pm? Maybe it was her room number? I didnt know but that number was in my head the whole time.

On the 19th my mother literally looked at me and asked me "Is today the day she dies?" like I had the answer...and suddenly I knew.... so I asked her " Is today the 20th?" when she said no...then I said she will not pass today..

She passed on July 20th ( just two weeks ago). My sister says that it was her soul trying to give me time .... I guess time to come to terms with her leaving us.

Quoting lizzig:

i never have but my mom has from various family members.  she's had dreams of family members funerals, only to find out the next day they had passed.  when her mother died she took home some of the plants from the funeral.  one was a peace lily that bloomed year round for a few years after my grandma's passing.  one night my mom said she "felt" her mom in the bedroom watching over her while she was sleeping.  the next morning the peace lily died.  she believes that the plant blooming for so long was my grandma's way of helping her cope with the loss.  when she was ready to "move one" that is when she (my grandma) let the plant die.

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by Michelle on Aug. 4, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Awe ! *hugs*

Did you put it back in or leave it out? Just curious.

Quoting mrswillie: I don't know if,it was a sign,or just coincidence. Ds 18 passed away in an auto accident. Shortly after, dh bought me a family bracelet. It is silver, each link is engraved with a members name and holds their birthstone as well. (I had never seen them before and haven't seen them being sold since). Anyway, day or two after I had it, ds's (the one that past) birthstone fell out.

CafeMom Tickers
mrswillie
by CeeCee on Aug. 4, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I got the jeweler I bought it from to fix it.

Quoting Wish2Be:

Awe ! *hugs*

Did you put it back in or leave it out? Just curious.

Quoting mrswillie: I don't know if,it was a sign,or just coincidence.

Ds 18 passed away in an auto accident. Shortly after, dh bought me a family bracelet. It is silver, each link is engraved with a members name and holds their birthstone as well. (I had never seen them before and haven't seen them being sold since). Anyway, day or two after I had it, ds's (the one that past) birthstone fell out.

momofsixangels
by Colleen on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes!!!! Mine is a red cardinal from my Mom. Its my fav bird. The day she passed one flew right in front of my face. Now there is a pair in my backyard. They start chirpping and when I go to the window they just look at me. The male keeps getitng closer to the window now. Makes me feel like my MOm is with me watching over me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN